My precious Curve is dying on me! I bought the 8310 last December and it has withstood it's share of abuse as I have dropped it about 50 times, and it spends a lot of time in my bag rolling around with all manner of things.
    Today, the keys all stopped working. The trackball works but i can't click and the whole keyboard is scrambled. I press H and it types G. I hit the backspace and it starts typing J. Is there any way I can fix this without taking it to AT&T or buying a whole new unit?
    11-21-08 02:31 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem.....best bet is insurance......or a warranty exchange if your under a year
    11-21-08 02:57 AM
    Try a battery pull if that doesn't work try backing up your bb and then wipe the device using jlcmdr then re-install or upgrade your OS
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 04:44 AM
    I think your Berry has just suffered so much abuse that it might be giving up on you. :-( If you've really been dropping it as much as you say- it's damaged now. They're like little computers; you can't abuse them that much and expect them to keep working correctly.

Awww... I'm sad for you! I hope you get a new one or hopefully can fix the one you have. :-(
    11-21-08 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD