heres my situation:

i have done lots of OS upgrades. this time for some reason, while DM was doing its thing my computer got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. thx microsoft ! ! ! so anyways the blackberry screen is black, it doesn't show anything no matter what i do. i would gladly welcome the hourglass cuz i know what to do in that situation (JL cmdr). the red indicator is currently flashing.

heres what i've done. i have tried using jl cmder to wipe. when i do it, it says connecting to device for about 4 seconds and then goes back to jl cmdr main menu and of course nothing has changed on the blackberry(still black screen and red light flashing). so i am assuming it wasn't able to connect and/or wipe. i have tried that about 7 times. now each time i try that am i suppose to disconnect the phone, close jl cmdr and start over? or just keep redoing it?

i tried following the instructions on what to do when jl cmdr doesn't connect, but the usb:unknown thing never shows up.

i did notice when i connect or disconnect my 8320 from my comp it does make the sound meaning windows recognizes a usb device.
    right after i publish this post i am gonna try it on my laptop instead of my home pc.

ANY and ALL suggestions would be great.

i do have a backup of my 8320 so thats one good thin, i just need to get this thing back up and running ASAP. thx in advance
    09-26-08 09:25 PM
    09-26-08 09:27 PM
    thx for ur help. those links helped.

so my problem is solved. its backup and running, as we speak its in the rebooting phase which i know can take 10-20 mins. this process actually worked once i tried it on my laptop(vista). maybe its time for me to do a fresh format/install on my home pc(xp). its the first time i have ever encountered the blue screen of death on xp.
    09-26-08 09:58 PM
    glad it worked and ya that's probably a good idea to do that
    09-26-08 10:00 PM
    oh thats perfect that exactly what i needed lol
    01-20-10 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD