So I have been scouring the web for help, each step I get a little bit further, only to be led by false hope.

My 8320 is not working. It began not holding a charge, I would have to charge the battery in my other 8320 and transferring it every morning. Then it started shutting off and on at will and saying battery drained, when in fact the battery was fine.
    So I began the OS process. I have an updated desktop manager installed as well as the handheld os for my phone. I have gone thru the desktop manager, the app loader and jl_cmder.

Yesterday a red light came on intermittenly. When the battery was in, it showed the lightning bolt. At one point there was the 507 error msg, but I resolved that thru the app loader.

I see the blackberry in the USB device manager on the computer, but an error bubble comes up saying the device is not recognized/malfunctioning. It is not recognized in the DM or the Apploader, but it will not connect to the jl_cmder. I have also tried BBSAK.

I have tried wiping and uploading new OS but it stops at JVM reconnecting and says it is not connecting to the device and cancels the install.

When I plug it in to the USB the red led light comes on for a minute, then goes off and the lightning bolt symbol appears.

I know the DM works as well as the current USB cord, as I did a test run on my other 8320 and it updated perfectly.

I feel as though I may have exhausted all of my options, perhaps you have a solution?
    01-25-10 06:19 PM
    keep at it... last time i had the 507 error message it took me half of a day to reload the OS

battery could be toast too...
    01-25-10 06:36 PM
    sounds like your USB connection is bad? the socket or something inside?? get the device and/or the batt wet???
    01-25-10 06:42 PM
    I concur with the previous poster. It sounds like a hardware failure, either in your USB connector or in the power circuit of the phone. It's probably time to consider a new phone.
    01-25-10 07:12 PM
    Try this. Take out the baterry. Open DM. Connect your bb with the battery still out. Once it is connected reinstall battery. Then reinstall OS. Sounds dumb but sfter half a day of me trying to install OS on my paperweight bb. Someone suggested this and it worked the first time! BB running great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 04:55 AM
    The battery contacts may need cleaning. Faulty contacts may wreak havoc with the system. Its worth a look...

01-26-10 05:03 AM
    All good suggestions but also try a different USB cable. It wouldn't be the first time it was an intermittant cable.
    Good Luck!
    01-26-10 05:28 AM
    Try this. Take out the baterry. Open DM. Connect your bb with the battery still out. Once it is connected reinstall battery. Then reinstall OS. Sounds dumb but sfter half a day of me trying to install OS on my paperweight bb. Someone suggested this and it worked the first time! BB running great!

I would def try this. Plug it in w the battery out, hit app loader, when it asks you to select a device put the battery back in. Soon as it says "PIN:UNKNOWN", hit 'OK' and it should work.
    01-26-10 06:33 AM
    Thank all.
    No it was not wet or dropped.
    I have used 3 different cables, and used this cable with my other 8320 so it works for sure.
    I have tried the super spy technique of no battery, then adding battery...
    I have cleaned the battery connections as well.
    My last ditch effort will be to replace the USB port, as I cannot for the life of me come up with anything else!

Ugh.
    01-26-10 07:49 AM
    My last ditch effort will be to replace the USB port, as I cannot for the life of me come up with anything else!

Ugh.
    You have other problems besides the usb port as evidenced by the battery problems and the lightning bolt symbol. I also concur that it's probably time you stopped putting money into this BB and move on.
    01-26-10 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD