I have a 8320 with Tmo. I went to the mountains this weekend and forgot a charger. I turned off the phone before it ran out of battery. When I got back from the mountains my phone wont charge or turn on. I used a battery for a pearl and the curve turned on, it just said it was an incompatible battery.

Is my battery dead or what?
    09-14-08 05:54 PM
    Does it have any type of water damage? Check to see if you have pink/red X's on the bottom, which you should if you DO NOT have water damage.
    09-14-08 05:56 PM
    it might be just really dead, leave it on the charger charger for a little bit and maybe it will come back to life
    09-14-08 05:57 PM
    If it tuend on with the other battery then it sounds like a battery issue. Try putting back in your battery see if it will come on. If not try leaving it on the charger for about 30 minutes. if it powers on then this means there was not enough jucie in the battery.
    09-14-08 05:58 PM
    I charged last night, and I am still charging now... Still won't turn on... Sorry... Any other ideas?
    09-14-08 06:41 PM
    Get another battery that is made for your device. This is the only test left to make sure it is only a battery issue.
    09-14-08 06:49 PM
    How long have you had your berry? If it's only been a little while, try to get TMo to give you a new battery. If it has been more than 30 days, you do need to try another battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 07:00 PM
    Try To Put In Another Phone And See If It Works
    09-14-08 07:37 PM
    I've got a similar issue with my Curve. I let it discharge completely and now it wont recharge for anything.
    09-14-08 08:09 PM
    I've got a similar issue with my Curve. I let it discharge completely and now it wont recharge for anything.
    and i think i fixed it. This is a trick i learned from my 7100 days

pull the battery out then plug in the usb (worked with PC USB). the LED should light up red.

put the battery back in and wait 30 secs. hit the power button and you should see a white screen with a battery charging icon.

edit: the curve was 100% empty. i've had it plugged into various power sources for the past 12 hours without it recharging. it looks like it's happy now though.
    Last edited by Sarcasm Detector; 09-14-08 at 08:19 PM.
    09-14-08 08:16 PM
    EECCKKKK!!!! I'm never going to let my phone get that dead
    09-14-08 08:18 PM

pull the battery out then plug in the usb (worked with PC USB). the LED should light up red.

put the battery back in and wait 30 secs. hit the power button and you should see a white screen with a battery charging icon.

edit: the curve was 100% empty. i've had it plugged into various power sources for the past 12 hours without it recharging. it looks like it's happy now though.
    this happens with running a LiIon battery all the way down... it's no longer able to keep the smart chip functioning, thus killing it to the point that the chip wont activate to begin charging the cells. what you did basically "jump started" the chip and fooled it into charging.

to prevent this, take the battery out of the device when it runs too low... this will preserve its reserve power to keep the smart chip functioning. you have to remove the battery fromt he device because blackberrys still consume power even when they are off... it keeps the memory functioning so it doesnt have to go through the full boot up routine when you hit the power button to turn it back on again.
    09-14-08 09:17 PM
    I also just fixed it with another method... I took my battery out and put it into my roommates pearl... It charged a bit through his phone and then put it back into mine... Thanks for all the help guys...
    09-14-08 10:28 PM
    wow that sounds weird.
    09-14-08 10:45 PM
    this happens with running a LiIon battery all the way down... it's no longer able to keep the smart chip functioning, thus killing it to the point that the chip wont activate to begin charging the cells. what you did basically "jump started" the chip and fooled it into charging.

to prevent this, take the battery out of the device when it runs too low... this will preserve its reserve power to keep the smart chip functioning. you have to remove the battery fromt he device because blackberrys still consume power even when they are off... it keeps the memory functioning so it doesnt have to go through the full boot up routine when you hit the power button to turn it back on again.
    i figured it was something like that; i just forgot about it since it's been a couple years since i've had to cast Resurrection lvl8 on a BB

one thing to note: this does not work with wall adapters. you need to use a PC USB.
    09-15-08 08:07 AM

After reading many forums, this is the only advice that seemed to work for my seemingly unchargable curve 8330 battery. I just got my phone yesterday, charged it fully, and then ran the battery down completely through the course of the day. I plugged with the USB and thought it was charging all night. This morning, the battery is still very low. I followed suggestions from Sarcasm Detector (took the battery out, plugged it in using the USB), the red LED came on, put the battery back in, tried to turn it back on, and.... it won't turn on while plugged in now ??? The only way it turns back on is if I take the battery out and put it back in while it is not plugged in.

Also, I left it plugged in (bb was off) while the red LED light was on thinking it was charging. When I tuned it back on, the battery level was still the same.

.....HELP!!!!!!!!
    09-21-08 11:45 AM

>>> I had exactly similar problem. Went trekking over the weekend, left the charger at home and gave my son my blackberry Pearl to play his fav football game until the phone won't ring anymore. After reaching home, charged overnight but was unsuccessful. My operator (Airtel, India) very conveniently blamed it on my handset and asked me to go to service centre for handset servicing (did I mention I also fell twice off the steps and landed with two fractures on my right feet on this same trip ). Anyway to cut to the chase, this was an EXCELLENT piece of advice and I tried it. First time it didn't work, but second time it worked and my blackberry is ringing again

Thanks a ton for sharing such a useful piece of troubleshooting info !!!

~TV
    09-29-08 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD