The manual says "open device manager" then select "media manager" to download files to BB. WTF? I don't have any of those options when I open Desktop manager; my only options are as follows: Sychronize, backup and restore, application loader and switch device wizzard. Someone please let me in on the secret here...
    03-20-08 06:56 PM
    The manual says "open device manager" then select "media manager" to download files to BB. WTF? I don't have any of those options when I open Desktop manager; my only options are as follows: Sychronize, backup and restore, application loader and switch device wizzard. Someone please let me in on the secret here...
    Are you looking to put music on your BB?
    03-20-08 06:59 PM
    You need to download the dm with media manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 07:00 PM
    What are you trying to transfer? Also, are you transferring to a media card? If you have a media card, you don't need media manager. You can just enable mass storage mode and auto enable, then browse to it from windows explorer.
    03-20-08 07:00 PM
    Its only day 3. Don't kill your Berry. It will get easier as time goes. What Sunkast suggested is the best method.
    03-20-08 07:22 PM
    That may be the fastest, but using Media manager is the best I believe. I have put many things on my BB that way and it wasn't compatible. Media manager catches some of that.
    03-20-08 07:37 PM
    Calm down dude.

03-20-08 07:53 PM
    I'm trying to put on ringtones, I haven't added memory yet. What I don't understand is why the BB manual tells me to use an option which isn't on desktop manager. What am I doing wrong?
    03-20-08 08:05 PM
    Media Manager Should Be The Option On Your Desktop Manager. Maybe You Should Uninstall Desktop Manager Then Reinstall It Again. I Don't Know If It Will Work But It Is Worth Trying
    03-20-08 08:09 PM
    If you have installed the current version of Desktop Manager, v4.3, Roxy components and Media Manager are part of the default installation.

However, anybody that has installed Media Manager has also noted a severe impact on the rest of the computer. It runs in the background and uses nearly 100% of the CPU for hours and hours while it does "something".

The media file conversions work fine, but the performance penalty is too high. There is no way that get to live on my computer.

If I need it, I will do a installation and then clean it back out again.
    03-20-08 08:19 PM
    Media Manager Should Be The Option On Your Desktop Manager. Maybe You Should Uninstall Desktop Manager Then Reinstall It Again. I Don't Know If It Will Work But It Is Worth Trying
    So media manager SHOULD be an option on desktop manager?
    03-20-08 08:22 PM
    If you have installed the current version of Desktop Manager, v4.3, Roxy components and Media Manager are part of the default installation.

However, anybody that has installed Media Manager has also noted a severe impact on the rest of the computer. It runs in the background and uses nearly 100% of the CPU for hours and hours while it does "something".

The media file conversions work fine, but the performance penalty is too high. There is no way that get to live on my computer.

If I need it, I will do a installation and then clean it back out again.

You don't need to uninstall it. Just set it so it doesn't run when the computer starts up. Use it as needed, and then exit. I do it all the time.
    03-20-08 08:28 PM
    So media manager SHOULD be an option on desktop manager?
    yes it should be if you're running the newest version of desktop manager check the BlackBerry or your service providers website and do you have a media card ?
    03-20-08 08:32 PM
    You have to have the MM installed to get the option on the Desktop Manager. I use Vista and when I installed the DM it had the option but it was greyed out until I installed the Media Manager manually.
    03-21-08 03:57 AM
    I'm a BB murderer-for-hire. Just ship your BB to me and Ill handle the rest. Please include all the accessories by the way.

03-21-08 05:06 AM
    You have to have the MM installed to get the option on the Desktop Manager. I use Vista and when I installed the DM it had the option but it was greyed out until I installed the Media Manager manually.
    Okay - progress! I am running vista, and downloaded the latest DM from the BB website. How do I manually install MM?
    03-21-08 11:05 AM
    Open your Windows Control panel and select Programs / Uninstall.

Select the Desktop Manager v4.3 and choose Uninstall / Change.

This is the key step. Use the buttons to remove or install Media Manager.

Last edited by Stoner; 03-21-08 at 12:01 PM.
    03-21-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD