around thanksgiving i had a data dump that cleared my call log and my text sms. i logged on here and was told it was BBRY's way of creating space. so since then i have been better about clearning out my text and stuff to keep space open...

...well it happened again. i just figured that over the last few months it got full again, and needed to clear itself out. well in the last 2 days it has done it 3 more times. this is frustrating. i was keeping my inbox lean and my out box wasnt bad either. has anyone else had this problem, is there something i can do or check to try to keep this from happening again and again....

thanks to all grurus who answer

Liam
    03-16-09 08:46 PM
    i did mess with some of the information on the web browser but i do nto think i changed anything that would cause a lot of data collection...
    03-16-09 08:49 PM
    Click on memory link in my signature. Get a SD card if you do nothave one. and moce all pictures, music, video, and everything else you can to that card.
    03-16-09 08:50 PM
    Hey Liam it sounds like you may not have enough file free memory on your device. When this happens you will get automatic deletion of texts, etc. You should look at your file free and see how much memory you have. To do this go to options>status>file free?? You may need to remove some third party apps or themes. Here's a good link for increasing file free memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...lecture+series
    03-16-09 08:50 PM
    You can clear the error log. ALT lglg.

You can clear your browser cache and cookies.

And a battery pull always closes out any apps that are running. Check for running apps also by holding down the ALT key then hold down the Back key. There should only be 5 apps open at all times (Home, Messages, Browser, Phone, BBM).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:51 PM
    i o have an SD card with some music and stuff on it all my picts and things like that are on there too... i will check free memory and see what i have
    03-16-09 08:52 PM
    You can clear the error log. ALT lglg.

You can clear your browser cache and cookies.

And a battery pull always closes out any apps that are running. Check for running apps also by holding down the ALT key then hold down the Back key. There should only be 5 apps open at all times (Home, Messages, Browser, Phone, BBM).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this did not do anything for me, but i did accidently hit enter and change some other setting. ha ha i think i am making things worse
    03-16-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD