I know there is a thread in the FAQ about setting up different sms tones for different people in your contact list.. First of all, if I read that thread correctly, it appears to me you can? Assuming you can, I tried everything and I can't get it to work (assuming you can)

Any tips will be appreciated.... Currrently, I have my calender, emails, ringtones, and bbm alerts set...

Thanks,

GO UNC............

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/
    Last edited by Vortec 5.3; 03-17-09 at 05:40 PM.
    03-17-09 05:30 PM
    You can have Custom for contacts, but you only get 1 active SMS tone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 05:32 PM
    Dang... I was under the impression via that thread, that you could add custom sms tones for your contacts.
    03-17-09 05:40 PM
    Lotta folks would love to do it, but haven't found a work-around or solution yet.

03-17-09 06:30 PM
    I put my twitter as a contact and made it's own profile on silent so I wasn't getting an alert every 2 minutes. I know its OT but just FYI

03-17-09 07:55 PM
    Lotta folks would love to do it, but haven't found a work-around or solution yet.

Thanks BergerKing... I was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work.. Now I know why... IT CAN'T BE DONE... didn't mean to swear
    03-17-09 08:19 PM
    This is the most important feature to me, Cant believe this doesn't work. Has anyone figured this out yet?? SOO PISSED OFF
    05-23-13 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD