js got my curve alittle ago and i was wondering has anyone ever used their curve as an mp3 player for their car... via aux input or fm mod..How'd it turn out. Jus moved out here to cali and not to **** anyone off but there is only so much spanish/latino, or lil wayne a person can take.. its pretty sad i can hear lil wayne 10x from LAX to malibu
    09-12-08 11:19 PM
    I do it via fm modulator or cassette adapter (better sound IMO) and it works
    pretty well. I almost never listen to broadcast radio anymore
    for almost the same reason.

It still in my opinion does not beat a proper multimedia player though.
    09-12-08 11:25 PM
    yeah i did it with my mogul before with fm mod.... and it sounded like butthole. but that phone was $549.99 failure... hoping the berry will sound alot better..
    09-12-08 11:29 PM
    I listen to it through microsoft sync via bluetooth in my mkx its awesome
    Get a radio with bluetooth that can sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 11:37 PM
    I have been wondering this same thing, because if that's the case I can ditch my old iPod mini for car rides.
    09-12-08 11:47 PM
    i found an old mini to mini plug in my garge and jus went down and tried it... It work fine....never thought bout the blue tooth thing guess imma try that in the morning..blue tooth kills the battery from what i heard.. is that true.?
    09-12-08 11:52 PM
    I used my Curve in my friend's car with the AUX input (3.5mm to 3.5mm) and the sound was decent, volume was a little low, and whenever an event happened (sms/email) the audio would drop for a second...

it was our only option cause the ipod died and we were in the middle of nowhere and no broadcast radio was available......
    09-13-08 12:26 AM
    Yea it does kill the battery pretty fast too so I don't recommend using it in long trips

09-13-08 11:35 AM
    i plug it into the USB port on my head unit and access the files off the media card directly. the headunit has a much better quality DAC than the blackberry has.
    09-13-08 11:37 AM
    i use a 3.5 to 3.5 aux cable as well.

volume could be a bit louder but otherwise i love the ability to listen to my songs via my car speakers!

the song will pause for a second or so when a message comes in. will stop when call comes in.

i usually just turn the phones radio to OFF if i don't want that to happen.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-13-08 at 11:41 AM.
    09-13-08 11:39 AM
    I listen to it through microsoft sync via bluetooth in my mkx its awesome
    Get a radio with bluetooth that can sync

I have a Focus with sync also, and I use a USB Jump drive with my songs on it. If you do use your phone, I'd recommend using the USB cable that came with it to connect to Sync, because 1. you get song info in your display and better multimedia control, and 2. It sounds better. I noticed some distortion in the sound when connecting via bluetooth.

If you don't mind either of those, and/or don't like having the cable to connect, then don't worry about it

If you do use the USB cable you might have to enable mass storage mode though.
    09-13-08 11:45 AM
    Yea. I don't use the usb but its pretty great

09-13-08 11:51 AM
    I have the same question, was asking at circuit city today but they were pretty clueless, all they could suggest was using it on aux with a 3.5 to 3.5 cable. Im curious about:

1) If the headunit has usb on it, will it charge the blackberry? Also will the song data show on the headunit and be selctable from the head unit??

2) What about broadcasting with bluetooth? Seems most head units are "blue tooth ready" whatever that means.

I have no problem buying a new head unit to make this work well. Most nowadays have ipod control right through the head units, would love to do the same with the curve.
    09-13-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD