Walked by the Verizon store in the mall today and I stopped to browse and noticed the the 8330 Curve for Verizon now has a black trackball. My brother has ATT&T and we stopped by their store and those Curves had black trackballs as well.

I would love to have a black one, then I wouldn't notice if mine is dirty. I don't feel comfortable taking it out myself.

Wonder if there's any way I could get Verizon techs to put a black trackball in my Curve?
    06-06-09 08:31 PM
    Some stores will replace the trackball for you if the one you are using isn't working correctly. This of course is assuming you are still under the 12 month warranty period. Maybe the warranty replacement trackballs will be black or they might at least give you the option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 08:47 PM
    How hard is it to replace a trackball? The one time mine got stuck I sent it into sprint and they fixed it right up. If I would have known a tech rep could have fixed it, I would have simply done that.

06-06-09 11:03 PM
    How hard is it to replace a trackball? The one time mine got stuck I sent it into sprint and they fixed it right up. If I would have known a tech rep could have fixed it, I would have simply done that.

Its actually real easy to remove and clean the whole process takes about 5 mins or less. There is a step by step explaination with pics in the tips and tricks forum.

06-06-09 11:09 PM
    maybe the trackballs are just all dirty lol
    06-06-09 11:25 PM
    Walked by the Verizon store in the mall today and I stopped to browse and noticed the the 8330 Curve for Verizon now has a black trackball. My brother has ATT&T and we stopped by their store and those Curves had black trackballs as well.

I would love to have a black one, then I wouldn't notice if mine is dirty. I don't feel comfortable taking it out myself.

Wonder if there's any way I could get Verizon techs to put a black trackball in my Curve?
    If not then just get you one from cnn.cn and do it yourself. It is very easy to do...

T-Mobile G1 OEM black trackball- NEC, Apple, Sony, Tools, Nokia, Mobiado, Acer, Motorola, SonyEricsson, Samsung,
    06-06-09 11:38 PM
    I just took mine out and Sharpied it black. Free and it worked like a charm...
    06-07-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD