So I made a video, using the Curve, of our soon to be family dog and wanted to show off to family by posting the video on Youtube. I created a mobile profile on youtube. In turn this creates a 'special' email address to which you can send your video. So I added the email address to the blackberry address book. So I go to the 'media' choice on the blackberry, then videos/my videos. Then highlight the video in question, then use the menu choice 'send as email' Obviously I address it to my 'special' youtube email address, and hit send. The blackberry chomps on it a while, and eventually I get a message saying the upload to youtube failed.

What did I do wrong?

Extra note: I plugged in the usb cable and copied the video to my computer. Then, as an experiment, I used outlook to email the very same video from the computer to the same 'special' email address. Worked PERFECT! So my dog-to-be eventually made it to Youtube and I did get to show off.

Anybody else have problems direct emailing videos to youtube from the Curve?
    07-25-08 03:38 PM
    you're probably just in an area with poor reception and the upload stalled long enough to corrupt the file and prevent its posting.

just because it shows full bars on the meter doesnt mean the data connection is stable.
    07-25-08 03:51 PM
    I tried this as well from my pearl with no luck.

What did work is using the special address they give you as a MMS.

When I send the video as a MMS it works fine.

You are limited to the MMS size restrictions however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD