I currently have a Moto Q that I don't like for a number of reasons. I am impatiently waiting for Verizon to start selling the Curve so I can upgrade. This will be my first Blackberry and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Now onto my question.......Does anyone know if the Curve has and sync issues with Vista? One of my biggest gripes with the Q is that it won't sync with my computer running Vista unless I go out and buy MS Outlook.
    04-23-08 02:06 PM
    I have a curve 8310 and a laptop running windows vista and I have not had any problems syncing. Syncing the blackberry is done through the balckberry desktop manager.
    04-23-08 02:22 PM
    I have a curve 8310 and a laptop running windows vista and I have not had any problems syncing. Syncing the blackberry is done through the balckberry desktop manager.
    I assume then that you're syncing contacts/calendar from Vista's Windows Mail program right?
    Last edited by CFD323; 04-23-08 at 04:26 PM.
    04-23-08 02:24 PM
    No problems at all. Vista uses the USB port to talk to BlackBerry, everything is happy.

Sync your calender may be a problem if you are not using Outlook and BES.
    04-23-08 02:43 PM
    I assume then that you're syncing contacts/calendar from Vista's Windows Mail program right?
    What I want is what I had on my old palm pilot. A calendar, contacts and tasks that sync with my phone and pc. I can open and see them on the pc. Make changes on either device and when I sync they will both be the same. I don't have or want outlook. I just want a simple calendar/address book. Don't know if that explains it properly or not.

Are you able to view/edit your contacts and calendar with blackberry desktop software?
    04-23-08 03:02 PM
    Desktop Manager syncs to Outlook or Windows Mail. It does not do what the Palm software does which is to keep its own copy of all your data in its own program format.

To edit a contact or whatever, you do so in say, Outlook and then sync to the phone. You can also make additions or updates on the phone and these will be reflected in Outlook when you next sync.

The BB is a different beast to the Palm and so is its Desktop Manager. Both are, imho, about a light year better than the Palm.
    04-23-08 03:20 PM
    Desktop Manager syncs to Outlook or Windows Mail. It does not do what the Palm software does which is to keep its own copy of all your data in its own program format.

To edit a contact or whatever, you do so in say, Outlook and then sync to the phone. You can also make additions or updates on the phone and these will be reflected in Outlook when you next sync.

The BB is a different beast to the Palm and so is its Desktop Manager. Both are, imho, about a light year better than the Palm.
    So what it sounds like is I'm going to HAVE to bite the bullet and buy Outlook.
    04-23-08 03:27 PM
    No problems at all. Vista uses the USB port to talk to BlackBerry, everything is happy.

Sync your calender may be a problem if you are not using Outlook and BES.
    Now I only need BES if I'm wirelessly syncing my contact/calendar info right?

I don't care if I have to physically connect my BB to my laptop to get the info from the PC to BB or vice versa, just as long as I can get all the info from one device to the other.
    04-23-08 04:28 PM
    What I want is what I had on my old palm pilot. A calendar, contacts and tasks that sync with my phone and pc. I can open and see them on the pc. Make changes on either device and when I sync they will both be the same. I don't have or want outlook. I just want a simple calendar/address book. Don't know if that explains it properly or not.

Are you able to view/edit your contacts and calendar with blackberry desktop software?
    Does anyone know of a program other than Outlook (looking for something more basic) that will allow me to do this
    04-24-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD