So my brother broke his Glyde, pos, and his warranty expired 3 days ago so he can't get a new one. My dad has his old Curve so can I just put his phone number on it or something? Calling *228 option 3 to change number? Unlocking?
    W/o a data plan of course
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 08:41 PM
    You need a data plan!

08-21-09 09:01 PM
    Data plan will be added. Don't do it if you don't want to incur the extra 30$

08-21-09 09:06 PM
    Grrr thks anyway

08-21-09 09:12 PM
    Try selling the BB on ebay or craigslist and buy a used dumb phone.

08-21-09 09:14 PM
    Haha the screen on the curve is cracked cause dad smashed it on a wall while in holster

08-21-09 09:28 PM
    I honestly don't get why you'd use a Blackberry w/o a data plan. It's like getting a Porsche and keeping it in 1st gear.
    08-22-09 08:46 AM
    If you bought a BB, then you can fork up the MANDATORY $30 data plan! ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-22-09 at 09:10 AM. Reason: content
    08-22-09 08:52 AM
    I am posting this here as well. It is VZW forums as well, but when I post links to other forums here, it never works. I must be doing something wrong.

AT&T to Officially Mandate Data Plans for All Smartphones
    Today, 11:32 AM by Eric M. Zeman updated Today, 1:10 PM

AT&T has officially confirmed that starting on September 6, any customer using a smartphone will need to subscribe to a data plan. AT&T said in a statement, "Smartphone users tend to consume a higher amount of data services, like advanced e-mail, mobile Web, applications and more. Being able to take full advantage of these features without having to worry about a fluctuating or unusually high bill generally leads to greater customer satisfaction, so effective Sept. 6, smartphone customers will need to subscribe to a data plan, as the vast majority of customers already do." This change will apply to new lines and any renewed contracts after September 6. Existing customers who already have smartphones without data plans will be able to stay with their current plan. The data plan costs $30 per month and applies to iPhone, BlackBerries, Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm devices.

This now proves all carriers are going to this
    08-22-09 09:21 AM
    I am posting this here as well. It is VZW forums as well, but when I post links to other forums here, it never works. I must be doing something wrong.

AT&T has officially confirmed that starting on September 6, any customer using a smartphone will need to subscribe to a data plan. AT&T said in a statement, "Smartphone users tend to consume a higher amount of data services, like advanced e-mail, mobile Web, applications and more. Being able to take full advantage of these features without having to worry about a fluctuating or unusually high bill generally leads to greater customer satisfaction, so effective Sept. 6, smartphone customers will need to subscribe to a data plan, as the vast majority of customers already do." This change will apply to new lines and any renewed contracts after September 6. Existing customers who already have smartphones without data plans will be able to stay with their current plan. The data plan costs $30 per month and applies to iPhone, BlackBerries, Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm devices.

Nope, definately not doing anything wrong. SEARCH FORUMS is an amazing tool for questions, don't you think?
    08-22-09 10:41 AM
    I honestly don't get why you'd use a Blackberry w/o a data plan. It's like getting a Porsche and keeping it in 1st gear.
    Cause we have no upgrades for a while and this old bb is just sitting around and he's got no $$$ to pay for data bc my parents believe in not giving us everything

Last edited by dsquared2; 08-22-09 at 10:50 AM.
    08-22-09 10:46 AM

I believe TMO just started doing this as well! So yes, all carriers are moving to this!

Also, about your posting links mishaps, try using the [URL ] paste link here [/URL ] tags with the link in the middle without spaces. Works every time!

Last edited by skullgame45; 08-22-09 at 11:15 AM.
    08-22-09 10:49 AM
    Agreed!
    08-22-09 10:49 AM
    Nope, definately not doing anything wrong. SEARCH FORUMS is an amazing tool for questions, don't you think?
    Thisis not a search function that is not working. It is post a link for inthernal forums that is not working.
    08-22-09 10:52 AM
    Thisis not a search function that is not working. It is post a link for inthernal forums that is not working.
    Sorry, I misunderstood you, I was referring to the fact that this question is asked on a regular basis and the search forums should be used before asking.
    08-22-09 10:54 AM
    Sorry, I misunderstood you, I was referring to the fact that this question is asked on a regular basis and the search forums should be used before asking.
    Agreed 100%.
    08-22-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD