Hi. Please help me decide on either the Sprint MOGUL with EVDO (supposedly faster than EDGE) or the T-Mobile Blackberry Curve.

I have Roadrunner Cable broadband access (9000kb/s download and 500kb/s upload) at home and a Linksys WRT54GS router. I believe that both devices let you use your WIFI for internet browsing. However T-Mobile has the Hotspot at Home which I am interested in. (unlimited calling using WIFI) BUT Sprint EVDO has a faster data speed than Tmobile EDGE.

Is it true that using my own WIFI internet connection (Roadrunner through my Linksys router) with the Tmobile Curve doesnt make browsing any faster than using the EDGE network? It would be disappointing if I couldn't take advantage of my home network (Roadrunner cable modem) speed and had to rely on the EDGE network.

I googled it and here is a site with videos claiming this.

boygeniusreport.com/2007/09/���ed-test/

If anyone has this phone please confirm. I have an expired contract with Tmobile and would like to stay with them but Sprint is tempting me.
    10-13-07 06:51 PM
    What is the difference between the Blackberry/Enterprise Server Internet Plans and the T-Mobile Internet only plans?

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Plans
    To access corporate e-mail and wirelessly synchronize your e-mail, calendar, and contacts with your desktop e-mail application, your company must have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.** All plans have unlimited Web browsing, BlackBerry Internet E-mail, and BlackBerry Enterprise Server access.

**Note: BlackBerry Enterprise Server software is an additional charge and must be purchased separately. To find out if your company has a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, ask your IT department.
    Plan name Whenever Minutes Data per month E-mail per month Price per month
    BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise 1000 Unlimited Unlimited
    $69.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Enterprise Ultra 1500 Unlimited Unlimited
    $89.99

BlackBerry Internet Service Plans
    Integrate up to 10 of your existing e-mail accounts and have your messages pushed right to your BlackBerry handheld. Choose a data-only plan with unlimited e-mail and Web browsing, or choose one of our bundled Minutes & Mail plans to add tons of Whenever Minutes�. to these great data features.
    BlackBerry Unlimited None Unlimited Unlimited
    $39.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail 1000 Unlimited Unlimited
    $59.99

BlackBerry Minutes & Mail Ultra 1500 Unlimited Unlimited
    $79.99

Internet Only Plans
    Uptop
    Only need Web access? Get unlimited Web browsing on your laptop or Internet device wherever T-Mobile has coverage.
    T-Mobile Total Internet None Unlimited Unlimited
    $39.99

T-Mobile Total Internet for Data Cards None Unlimited Unlimited
    $49.99

sorry I cant post the T-mobile website link.
    10-13-07 07:13 PM
    BlackBerry Enterprise plan is if you are syncing with an exchange server at work. (BES)

The BlackBerry Internet plan will let you add personal email accounts and access the mobile web.
    10-13-07 07:26 PM
    BlackBerry Enterprise plan is if you are syncing with an exchange server at work. (BES)

The BlackBerry Internet plan will let you add personal email accounts and access the mobile web.
    As in Gmail,yahoo etc? How is the web browser? Is it like internet explorer or firefox interface or do some images not show up on webpages? Can you watch youtube videos on this device?
    10-13-07 07:33 PM
    As in Gmail,yahoo etc? How is the web browser? Is it like internet explorer or firefox interface or do some images not show up on webpages? Can you watch youtube videos on this device?
    Yes, yahoo, gmail, isp accounts (verizon, comcast, etc). The web browser is ok, it isn't the best, but it is a mobile device. Most mobile browsers leave a lot to be desired. You can choose to load all images though.

As for YouTube video, I think I saw a thread around here that had a website which will allow you to watch youtube videos on your device. Do a quick search, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Also, you might want to consider check the FAQ section there are some helpful threads there for when you get your BlackBerry. There is a link to the FAQ section in my signature.
    10-13-07 07:54 PM
    Some folks have wi-fi setup at home. I also have a dedicated email server at home. Based from this thread, looks like one of the blackberry curve phone supports wi-fi. Like my nintendo wi, I configured the wep keys so that it can connect to my OpenBSD homebrew wi-fi. That means, if Blackberry also support wi-fi, I should be able to connect my Blackberry to my OpenBSD server.

If so
    1.) do you guys know of a POP3 email client that we can install on a Blackberry?
    2.) Found out from AT&T today that the coming-soon 8310-Titanium doesn't have Wi-Fi support. What model can you suggests me that does have Wi-Fi support and GPS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Neil
    10-13-07 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD