Hey guys/gals, I have been thinking of getting the Blackberry Tour. What have you heard about the Tour? Is it worth it or should I just stay with my Curve? I really love my curve but I almost feel that an upgrade is needed sometime soon. I did read some of the forum info on the Tours link but it went back and forth, I really got nowhere with the info. So far the USB location seemed to be the common downfall. No themes, poor USB, loose cover.....is it worth it? Thanks guys any feedback is much appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 06:28 AM
    I had the curve and its a great phone but lacks some features of the new bbs. I had the storm untill this past week and it has great new features but doesn't flow and function well. I now have the tour it has all the features of the storm and bold but functions like a curve, which is a good thing. I think its worth it. The only thing I am having trouble with is the keyboard cause its not what I'm used to.

07-24-09 06:41 AM
    If you can afford it go for the Tour just for the massive memory upgrade. Memory management on the Curve (especially models with 64MB memory) as you have to be careful about installing apps, etc. With the 256MB of the Tour you can go to town installing pretty much anything and still having lots of memory left over for the OS to operate properly. When the Curve memory gets too low you get the hourglass constantly for long periods of time and then you must do a battery pull.
    07-24-09 06:52 AM
    If your curve is working for you, I would suggest wait for a couple months.

If you really just want a new phone, I'd say go for it. Whatever issues the Tour is having right now will all be resolved as users report them.

And sometimes there is nothing like fiddling with a new device and trying to work out/work around "new device" bugs!

Good luck.

07-24-09 07:01 AM
    As bad as I want a Tour, I'm going to wait as well.
    I love my VZW 8330. I played around with a friends bold, the speed is noticeably better both moving from App to app and using the 3G for downloading, browsing, etc. (He's got an ATT phone)

I'll end up with a Tour, but they gotta work some bugs out first.
    Namely, the poor bluetooth performance. Now that I've had it built into my truck since last year, I can't go without it.
    07-24-09 07:14 AM
    I for the record don't have any issues at all with my tour

07-24-09 07:22 AM
    You can always check the tour forums for some feeback. At this time some people love them, some have minor problem, and for others it is a nightmare.

Mine is fine, I have noticed a few glitches nothing major and can live with them. I am sure these will be resolved when the firsst maintenance release is done.

NO! I do not have release date either
    07-24-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD