So I went to the AT&T store this afternoon to purchase a BB Bold. I picked it up and immediately decided against it. It was bigger than the curve and that back with the pleather was horrible. I checked the file free and it had 20MB. So i'm thinking, what's the big deal here. Other than 3G, and it is very spotty, as I have a AT&T wireless card that is supposed to be 3G but hardly ever is, why would you drop $300 on this phone?

I know it has a faster processor and a few minor tweaks, but $300 worth? I will wait until the new Curve comes out early next year.

Did anyone else have a similiar experience?
    11-25-08 02:39 PM
    Waiting for the javelin personally... Will be a long wait on sprint though..
    11-25-08 02:40 PM
    the big deal? 3G and the single most beautiful screen ever on a handheld device, as well as a much faster processor and a newer OS (4.6).

yeah but the new Curve, aka Javelin, will NOT have 3G - which blows and i'm still wondering what RIMM was thinking. unless they are still struggling with 3G battery life. it will have a faster processor and WiFi, but really in 2009 does anyone care unless you have 3G?? which, btw, is a lot less spotty than it used to be and is getting better everyday.
    11-25-08 02:43 PM
    the big deal? 3G and the single most beautiful screen ever on a handheld device, as well as a much faster processor and a newer OS (4.6).

yeah but the new Curve, aka Javelin, will NOT have 3G - which blows and i'm still wondering what RIMM was thinking. unless they are still struggling with 3G battery life. it will have a faster processor and WiFi, but really in 2009 does anyone care unless you have 3G?? which, btw, is a lot less spotty than it used to be and is getting better everyday.
    I am on sprint with EVDO Nope.. tell me how less spotty it is.. J/k
    Ya if it ever comes to cdma then it probably will have 3g right?
    11-25-08 02:49 PM
    Guess I will be waiting a long time before a true upgrade is offered thru VZW.
    11-25-08 02:49 PM
    Guess I will be waiting a long time before a true upgrade is offered thru VZW.
    yup, cuz they're drinking the BB Storm kool-aid. which to me is a different product that is attempting to compete with the iPhone. VZW always marches to the beat of a different drum.
    11-25-08 02:54 PM
    yup, cuz they're drinking the BB Storm kool-aid. which to me is a different product that is attempting to compete with the iPhone. VZW always marches to the beat of a different drum.
    It beats the iphone in some respects.. but the iphone destroys it in others.. And in the end, they are both POS phones IMHO....
    11-25-08 03:16 PM
    it should have 3G CDMA/GSM unless for some reason they put 4G wimax on it.

But I too prefer my current X
    8800 over the newer devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 03:31 PM
    I use the BOLD and love it. I had the CURVE and loved that too but wanted the 3G which BTW is 3G almost allllll the time, picking up that better signal.

I loved the feel of the CURVE and switching to the BOLD's wider size was uncomfortable to me too for about one day.

Based on the above, the decision to spend the extra is still yours. I personally think it was worth it for 3G alone, never mind all its other additions and tweaks.

You are on the right road though, BOLD or CURVE, CURVE or BOLD. Pssst, I have the STORM too so remember, BOLD or CURVE, CURVE or BOLD. You go kiddo!
    11-25-08 03:42 PM
    is the bolds browser any better?
    11-25-08 06:08 PM
    it should have 3G CDMA/GSM unless for some reason they put 4G wimax on it.

But I too prefer my current X
    8800 over the newer devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    negatory my friend - specs were released in August - More BlackBerry Javelin Hardware Sweetness! | CrackBerry.com

* 512 MHz Processor
    * 256 MB onboard flash memory (more room for apps)
    * Hot-swappable microSD slot - located under the battey door
    * 480 by 360 high-res HVGA+ display
    * 3.2MP camera
    * Micro USB charging/syncing port, w/ high speed data
    * Wi-Fi b/g with UMA + GPS

RIMM does not think their product development through very well many times. this unfortunately is one of those times....
    11-25-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD