Blackberry/Smartphone Newbie: Does anyone know a fix to the voice dial feature being slow? It seems to lag when it's loading up the address book. It's possible that it's somehow tied to Sudoku Master II. I installed a trial version of it. Saw that it made the voice dial loading of the address book extremely slow. Uninstalled it. Voice dial then worked fine. Tried installing it again (Sudoku Master II). Same thing. Uninstalled it, but now it feels like something was left over because there's a bit of lag in the load up of the voice dial for the address book. Is this something that a backup/restore would flush out? Seems kinda odd that installing a game would slow things down like that. The only hardware difference between the two installs is that I have 2gb Sandisk microsd during the second install of SMII. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    08-26-07 08:09 AM
    Very strange. After the install, did you do a battery pull? I wonder if that would help...
    08-26-07 08:40 AM
    Tried the battery pull (I'm assuming literally pulling while the device is on and re-inserting). No luck. Additional detail: It seems to do this on the first attempt to activate voice dial (28 sec address load up, with or without bluetooth device in use). But on the second immediate attempt, it's fine and loads up within a second or two.

Would a reset to factory default do the trick? If I did a "device wipe" as described in other threads, would the only down time be the sync-ing of my data with Outlook and changing any settings I had previously?

Thanks for the quick reply!
    08-26-07 09:06 AM
    Right, I suggest doing that, a wipe device - remember to do a backup first...)
    08-26-07 09:10 AM
    Performed the above...works faster now in general now...a little lag if I haven't used the voice dial feature in a while...maybe I should've asked the obvious: Does more contacts = more lag time on the address book load up for the voice dial? Or should that not really be an issue?

Thanks!
    08-26-07 01:34 PM
    It shouldn't really, but if you had contacts in the couple hundred, then, maybe...
    08-26-07 01:38 PM
    I have approx 6,500 contacts (corporate directory). Is that why it doesn't seem to work at all? I say "Call Rick Smith" and it does nothing (there's only 1 Rick Smith in my directory. If I say "Call", it says "Say a name". I say "Rick Smith" and it does nothing
    08-28-07 08:20 PM
    It's probably timing out doing the search. That is a large database, especially for voicedial...
    08-28-07 08:57 PM
    Do you know of a way to specify a smaller subset of contacts as being available for voice dialing?
    08-29-07 12:05 AM
    Nope, that is not an option. It looks at everything in the addressbook...
    08-29-07 04:30 AM
    Mine lags at the "Voice dial initialzing..." Whenever I have my ericson hbh-608 headset synced, and it will stay there for a very long time.
    I have wiped and reinstalled, battery pull etc.
    Any other tricks?
    Bump & thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD