I just got a a BB Curve and I cant seem to get it to sync with the desktop manager. It will connect to the Advanced Audio but it seems like there is a service that is missing in my Curve that is restricting it from being discovered when I try to discover my device under the Desktop Manager. When I go to pair the device with the computer it pairs but does not connect with the desktop manager. I have read all of the posts including the one fro Blackberry and nothing seems to help. I think it is a missing service. Could this have been disabled somehow?

Thanks
    07-29-08 03:28 PM
    Could this have been disabled somehow?

Thanks
    Simple answer? Yes.

You cannot sync via BT.
    07-29-08 03:41 PM
    Simple answer? Yes.

You cannot sync via BT.
    Is this just the Curve, or Verizon? My BB 7100i from Nextel did?

Thanks
    07-29-08 03:44 PM
    Is this just the Curve, or Verizon? My BB 7100i from Nextel did?

Thanks
    I would say, Verizon.
    07-29-08 03:53 PM
    My verizon 8330 sync via bluetooth easily. you have to install some drivers and stuff but it works.
    07-29-08 04:28 PM
    My verizon 8330 sync via bluetooth easily. you have to install some drivers and stuff but it works.

Can you point me in the right direction?
    07-29-08 04:30 PM
    I believe mine did it automatically.

I will be home at about 7:30 pm EST (5:30) Now. If you want to message me on BBmessagner and ill be glad to try and help you out.
    07-29-08 04:35 PM
    i just switched over to an 8330 from my old windows mobile device and am having the same issue. BB desktop manager sees my handheld - if i open the connection settings it shows up right there, and the phone itself is showing a connection to the computer. however, the desktop manager refuses to recognize the handheld and tells me it is disconnected. it has successfully connected and synced maybe twice. any help would be great.
    --Also--
    perhaps related: if i connect by USB and sync, the desktop manager seems to re-set my homescreen picture each time...

any insight?
    07-29-08 04:50 PM
    i just switched over to an 8330 from my old windows mobile device and am having the same issue. BB desktop manager sees my handheld - if i open the connection settings it shows up right there, and the phone itself is showing a connection to the computer. however, the desktop manager refuses to recognize the handheld and tells me it is disconnected. it has successfully connected and synced maybe twice. any help would be great.
    --Also--
    perhaps related: if i connect by USB and sync, the desktop manager seems to re-set my homescreen picture each time...

any insight?
    ***UPDATE***

i had originally downloaded BB desktop manager 4.5 from the BB website. i uninstalled this and installed v4.3 that came on the CD from verizon. after the initial cable connection everything works fine. powered down the manager app and re-started it; took a sec but connected just fine by BT.
    07-29-08 05:22 PM
    --Also--

any insight?
    That's because you have you have mass storage enabled, basically meaning that you make the micro-SD card in the BB act as an USB external drive when plugged to your computer. When the computer accesses the card like this, the BB can't access the card, therefore looses the homescreen pic.

Solution:

Make a copy of your homescreen that's stored on the SD card to the BB internal memory. Set your homescreen to that image instead.

Same can be said for any custom ringtones you've stored on the SD card.
    07-29-08 05:42 PM
    ***UPDATE***

i had originally downloaded BB desktop manager 4.5 from the BB website. i uninstalled this and installed v4.3 that came on the CD from verizon. after the initial cable connection everything works fine. powered down the manager app and re-started it; took a sec but connected just fine by BT.
    So you think it has to do with 4.5? When you had 4.5 could you sync?
    07-29-08 08:27 PM
    I had the same problem too. Using Outlook, I could not sync after installing the Desktop Manager. I then reinstalled it, thinking I selected the wrong option (BES or BIS). I only need BIS...no Desktop Redictor, etc..

Anyway, when I connected the Curve, I didn't enable Mass Storage and I was able to sync the calendar/contacts, etc.

I guess I should not enable Mass Storage when syncing then? Any experts out there to back this up? I haven't copied any custom ringtones, mp3's or pictures from the PC yet.

The Verizon documentation on this is scarce!
    07-30-08 08:11 AM
    I had the same problem too. Using Outlook, I could not sync after installing the Desktop Manager. I then reinstalled it, thinking I selected the wrong option (BES or BIS). I only need BIS...no Desktop Redictor, etc..

Anyway, when I connected the Curve, I didn't enable Mass Storage and I was able to sync the calendar/contacts, etc.

I guess I should not enable Mass Storage when syncing then? Any experts out there to back this up? I haven't copied any custom ringtones, mp3's or pictures from the PC yet.

The Verizon documentation on this is scarce!
    How do you disable mass storage?
    07-30-08 09:02 AM
    I tried going back to 4.3 and still have the same problem. Arggggg!
    07-31-08 07:35 AM
    I think that my problem is that I don't have the needed services on my computer to do this. I was reading another forum and saw this screen capture of the services that this individual had. I don't have these. What can I do to add the services to the device/computer?
    07-31-08 09:09 AM
    I guess I am just out of luck?
    08-05-08 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD