i was told by T-Mobile that i need to get the internet plan in order for my AOL instant messenger to work, i have the hotspot at home and figured it would work with the wifi but it doesnt and dont feel like paying an extra $30 a month for an internet plan that im not gonna use since i pick up wifi at school as well as at home, so my question is...is there any way around this, can i get the AOL instant messenger to work without getting the internet plan? I'd really appreciate any help with this
    12-23-07 04:04 PM
    This may be a stupid question. But do you have a AOL account? One that you sign in and give a password to sign on to IM? I have no clue about the wifi since I don't use it.
    12-24-07 12:05 PM
    I say makesure you have a data plan, and since you have a Curve, you have the latest OS with the 'Messenger' icon that has multiple messenger applications, you should be 'good to go'...
    12-24-07 03:13 PM
    You'll need a data plan now that the IM app uses your data plan instead of a txt plan like before,no data plan=no IM.
    12-24-07 06:17 PM
    yea i figured thats what it was, i was just hoping there would be some way to get around using IM without getting a data plan since i dont really need the data plan because i pick up wifi everywhere i go so i can use the internet but not IM which sucks, thanks for the input though i really appreciate it
    12-24-07 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD