Well I've been a constant viewer of this site, but just registered because i recieved my 8330 for sprint in the mail this morning. I have everything set up that i want so far but i have a question about themes. I was on eveek.com and they have some really nice themes i want but i was wondering if i could use themes meant for 4.2.2 on 4.3 OS? like can i use old themes with newer OS's without hurting my newborn? lol
    08-02-08 01:59 AM
    You really should use themes designed for your OS.
    They won't damage your device, but they can cause
    you quite a few headaches.

...and you're killing me me with the "newborn"
    08-02-08 02:01 AM
    lol well i have been doing nothing but giving it all of my attention, putting off all my work around the house to spend time with it, not leaving it out of my site for one second...just like a newborn lol. but yea thanks for the info, ill look around to find themes for my OS
    08-02-08 02:08 AM
    I have 4.3 and use themes for 4.2 and above. I was talking to corey visto one night while he was making me a theme and he told me that some theme builders will make a theme for 4.3, but use 4.2 to make it, so it doesn't take up as much memory...
    08-02-08 06:55 AM
    4.2 themes pretty much all work flawlessly on 4.3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 07:40 AM
    thanks for the help everybody! i'm going to try it here in a few
    08-02-08 08:04 AM
    I installed a Theme using the "Unlock Themes Post" wherein I changed the Vendor number from #115 to #107.
    Now I would like to Remove this Theme using Desktop Manager but it does not show up in the list so that I can change "Installed" to "Remove"
    I am using BB8310,O.S. 4.2.2 and DM 4.5
    Can someone "understand me" and provide help please
    08-02-08 11:11 AM
    go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\8310...\java

Look for a group of file that start with net_rim_theme
    Delete the 115 and 107 files and then run DM. Just next
    your way to the end and they will be removed.
    08-02-08 11:17 AM
    lol well i have been doing nothing but giving it all of my attention, putting off all my work around the house to spend time with it, not leaving it out of my site for one second...just like a newborn lol. but yea thanks for the info, ill look around to find themes for my OS
    I can understand, the last 2 days I have been devoting most of my free time adding info to my addressbook, downloading ringtones, themes, etc, and getting used to the curve myself lol
    08-02-08 11:18 AM
    well i tried the bphone theme designed for 4.2 and it works perfectly on my 4.3, but i wont make it a habit to do that. i used to have a PSP and using themes for wrong firmwares really messed things up...thanks everybody for the help and quick replies
    08-02-08 11:53 AM
    well i tried the bphone theme designed for 4.2 and it works perfectly on my 4.3, but i wont make it a habit to do that. i used to have a PSP and using themes for wrong firmwares really messed things up...thanks everybody for the help and quick replies
    If you come across a theme that you reaaaaally like, but it is NOT for your OS, dont make the mistake I made and install it. I installed a theme called Surreal which was not for my device- it was even posted that it wasnt to be used.

Due to that theme being the one that was currently "active" I caught h[ll trying to get it off my phone and all the post I read only gave me the option to reload the OS which quite frankly, I didnt feel like doing.

So, please follow the advice given here. If it's not for you, dont use it. I'm tech savvy and geeky and wouldnt want to see someone new go through the problems I did. I didnt panic b/c I knew it could be fixed, but new people want to cut off a limb just to be up and running again.
    08-02-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD