I've been searching for a while now while my software update is working and haven't been able to find anything. Recently, within the past few days, my 8330 has started moving very very slow. At first i thought it was because i had too many apps loaded so i started deleting ones that I rarely used and still no luck, any suggestions?
    07-04-09 02:05 PM
    From another thread, but try it:

Take your memory card out. If the hourglassing and freezing stops, then the media card most likely has a corrupted file/filesystem on it.

Transfer the files off the card and reformat the card in your BB. Transfer files back to the card in small increments and test. Repeat till you find a bad file, or everything is moved back to your card.
    07-04-09 02:07 PM
    I agree. The biggest problem I've had with speed on my 8330 has been media card issues. A bad card/file can really slow it down, much slower than it usually is.
    07-04-09 02:34 PM
    Oh gosh. Bad cards can be a real problem. But you would be getting a message if the files were corrupt. At least that's what I think. Maybe someone else can tell us if this is true.

That's what happened to me. Re-formatting your card and adding back files one at a time to see if any are corrupt is the way to go. But I'm not sure I would go through this if you are not getting a card warning. 8gbs or 16gbs of data to play around with could take all day...mine did.
    07-04-09 05:18 PM
    Usually its the filesystem (FAT, file Allocation Table) that gets corrupted. I've rarely heard of people actually finding a problem file.

If you are in a hurry, just move the entire contents of the memory card back after formatting.
    07-04-09 06:12 PM
    A while bsack I installed the myspace app and my phone practically died. It went so slow it eventually completely crashed, when I finally managed to remove it everything worked fine. In other words if you recently installed any new apps/updates I would delete them and see if that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:33 PM
    Mine was running super slow for the past two. I took the battery out and stuck it back in and now the phone is back up to speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD