My curve will shut off if I so much as set it on the table. It turns right back on, but its so sensitive. Any helpful hints? Or does it sound like I need a new phone?
    06-29-09 11:48 AM
    There are a number of things that could cause this. From a dead battery to low memory. Do you know the state of the battery / memory?
    06-29-09 11:52 AM
    yah id say its ab time for another phone
    06-29-09 12:30 PM
    There are only a few places where vibration can cause a restart.

Pull your battery, examine the 4 Gold contact patches and matching pins. If there is any contamination, gently clean the Gold with a pink rubber eraser. If you see any misalignment in the pins, gently bend them forward to improve contact.

If that does not help, the problem may be internal in the battery. Try a replacement battery.

If it still fails, you most likley have a intermittent hardware fault in the power supply circuts. That is a warranty replacement issue.
    06-29-09 12:35 PM
    My 8330 that is just 2 weeks old does the same thing when ever I set it on the desk or table. Mine is a Sprint phone. It does it with both my batteries. And pins look good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 02:31 PM
    My 8330 that is just 2 weeks old does the same thing when ever I set it on the desk or table. Mine is a Sprint phone. It does it with both my batteries. And pins look good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If it's just 2 weeks old, take it back for another phone.
    06-29-09 02:36 PM
    My curve will shut off if I so much as set it on the table. It turns right back on, but its so sensitive. Any helpful hints? Or does it sound like I need a new phone?
    Is it within the 12 mo. warranty period? If it is, you might want to take it in for a warranty replacement.
    06-29-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD