I am having two signficant with problems with my Curve that was purchased on December 5, 2007.

First, the Curve will sometimes completely shuft off on it own. During those times, it may stay shut off for at least several minutes. At other times, the Curve will shut down on its own to a white screen. When it does that, it usually takes a few minutes for it to return to normal operation.

Second, most of the time, I have to push harder on the roller ball, sometimes much harder, to operate some function of the camera. In particular, I notice it when I am trying to take a picture. Sometimes, I have to press repeatedly and very hard on the roller ball for a picture to be taken.

If anyone has any thoughts about these two (2) problems with my Curve, I would enjoye reading your thoughts.

Thanks.
    07-31-08 07:49 PM
    1) do a battery pull, might help the problem

2) clean under your trackball
    07-31-08 07:55 PM
    07-31-08 07:57 PM
    Try the battery pull. If not see if you can clear up some memory and or look into getting a warranty replacment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 08:01 PM
    My curve shuts off by itself sometimes as well. it appears lately everytime i go to charge it, that it shuts down right away? is this a setting?

thanks
    07-31-08 08:17 PM
    I had the same problem when i first got mine. the curve device memory is verry small i believe it is only 16mb. you need to get rid of some of the device memory items or transfer them to a media card. I highly recomend getting a media card.
    07-31-08 09:01 PM
    Keep your file space memory up above 12xxxxxx. Ill post a link to stoners memory guide it EXTREMELY usful.

07-31-08 10:00 PM
    I had the same problem when i first got mine. the curve device memory is verry small i believe it is only 16mb. you need to get rid of some of the device memory items or transfer them to a media card. I highly recomend getting a media card.
    The curve 8330 actually has the most memory of any BB to date: 96 MB
    Research In Motion BlackBerry Curve 8330 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

And the GSM version has the same as other current BB's: 64MB
    Research In Motion BlackBerry Curve 8310 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

And here is the link to Stoner's Guide:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-31-08 10:09 PM
    My curve shuts off by itself sometimes as well. it appears lately everytime i go to charge it, that it shuts down right away? is this a setting?

thanks
    Mine did this too. I took out the memory card and it stopped. I then put the memory card back in and did a format after I copied the files to my computer. That was yesterday and it hasn't rebooted since.

07-31-08 10:11 PM
    Maybe its the setting that u have on....u go to option>auto on/off...u can disable it if u don't want it to turn off..I had the same problem and it was the setting that I had for the auto on/off....and put all pic in the media card and earse the cache memory for the brower...see if that works

Blackberry is my life

07-31-08 10:21 PM
    Here you go. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

07-31-08 10:30 PM

Thanks so much for the information benzworm.
    08-04-08 09:15 AM
    Here you go. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Thanks so much for the help thecurveforlyfe.
    08-04-08 09:17 AM
    ...First, the Curve will sometimes completely shuft off on it own. During those times, it may stay shut off for at least several minutes. At other times, the Curve will shut down on its own to a white screen. When it does that, it usually takes a few minutes for it to return to normal operation.

Thanks.

Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect the clue is "Curve will shut down on its own to a white screen..."

This is a symptom of low memory. You have not mentioned loosing messages or Phone log entries, but that is also a common complaint caused by low memory.

Use the link thecurveforlyfe provided, that will go a long way towards controlling the beast.
    08-04-08 09:40 AM
    I've had the same trouble with my trackball, having to push it reaaaaally reaaaally hard to get it to select. Sometimes it works normally and sometimes no matter how hard i push it down nothing happens. I've taken it apart and cleaned the button according to the "how to remove and clean your trackball" post. I didn't clean the actually BALL, but i did clean the button, as the cleanliness of the ball doesn't seem like it would have any effect.

Can anybody help me? I love my curve and I don't want to have to get a new phone!!
    08-22-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD