Ever since I upgraded to the 4.5.0.81 Ive been having a problem with my Curve. When I get a call, sometimes it rings, and other times it doesn't, so I end up missing the call. What's even more strange is the fact that it mostly happens when its my wife calling me from her cell phone. Yesterday I called my cell phone from my wife's cell phone to try it, and it did not ring nor vibrate. But then like 2 minutes later, I received a call from my brother with no problem.

What can it be?
    12-02-08 05:06 AM
    I had my curve for not even two days and this started to happen to me. Mine wouldn't even ring it would go stright to voice mail and show that I had a missed call. I had to exchange it for a new one. The tech guys at Verizon had no idea of why or how that could be. Good luck trying to fig. it out or getting a new one.
    12-02-08 06:59 AM
    My curve is out of warranty, so I have no resources when it comes to trying to get another one. And everything else is fine on it, the only thing is when my wife calls me, and only her, my curve doesn't ring. Same thing when she sends me a text message.

As I said before this started happening when I upgraded to v4.5.

This is driving me nuts..........
    12-08-08 08:00 PM
    My wife had a very similar issue with a non bb hand set. We exchanged three hand sets as a result. Her problem was very intermittent and would happen 1-2 times a week.

Our carrier at&t exchanged SIM cards and the problem vanished. I'm on wap and unable to view your carrier, perhaps an exchange sim is worth a try if you are on GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 08:22 PM
    Yesterday I upgraded my Curve"s OS to v4.5.0.152 from ATT. Before I was using v4.5.0.81, but the Vodafone Fiji one, and not the Official ATT version. The reason I did this was because at the time ATT still didn't have their official release of v4.5, but instead only had the v4.2. Anyways, since yesterday my phone is back to normal, meaning now when my wife calls me, my berry actually rings/vibrates, unlike before where it didn't do nothing.

Bottom line, I guess the problem was within the OS itself. Its still a bit weird how it only happened when my wife called and no one else. Oh well, problem solved..............
    01-30-09 11:03 AM
    BTW, anyway to mark this thread as "solved/closed" now, being that problem is fixed.
    01-30-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD