My 8320 occasionally restarts its self. On a daily basis to every other day. Also, i tend to get frequent calls failed after a minute of being on the phone. Is there anyone else out there having the same problem??? If so, is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening? Thank you in advance.
    02-06-08 07:19 PM
    I am also on tmobile and I was having it restart a few times, however never had the call problem. But not it seems to have stopped, maybe it was a tmo thing?
    02-07-08 07:37 AM
    that could be an OS issue; is there anything specific that you're doing before a restart happens? browsing? etc?
    02-07-08 09:11 AM
    Usually not..everytime i notice it restart itself..im not using it nor am i on it... Im thinking maybe i have too many apps running like yahoo aim msn...at least im not alone on this....perhaps it is Tmo??
    02-07-08 12:02 PM
    The calls being dropped is usually a network issue. Could also be equipment. As far as your phone restarting it could be too many apps installed or just a regular software issue with the phone. Call your provider you might have to do a warranty exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 12:10 PM
    I have the same issue and have also started getting "the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service" for 2 numbers in my address book. I confirmed the numbers were good, they could call me and I can txt them but I can't call them from my cell. My number was not blocked or anything. I changed sim cards and still. I had to do a full wipe and restore the phone and now everything is working including those two numbers
    02-07-08 02:16 PM
    I currently had my BB 8310 and is doing the same problems as you.

Im just going back to AT&T and they will exchange it. I don't know what seems to be the problem..how old is yours?
    02-07-08 03:47 PM
    my 8703 started doing it too ? i have verizon
    02-07-08 03:54 PM
    I think its a network problem. Happened to me abt 3 times in 5 minutes today.
    I did a battery pull and it stopped. Not sure if the battery pull was the solution.

02-07-08 04:11 PM
    i also have the restart and dropped call problem. Very frustrating.
    02-13-08 05:52 PM
    How can a network problem make the phone reboot? And why have these reboot threads just appeared in the last day or so? I've been all over CB and never saw these threads till today. Is my 8310 going to fail me?

02-13-08 09:54 PM
    I am having the same problems and im with tmo as well. I have called them numerous times because this will not stop. First time they did an exchange, adn samething with 2nd phone. Both the call failed and rebooting itself. I called them back another 100 times and was told to do a reset, which didnt work. Next was a wipe, which didnt work, then i was told it was a battery issue. They sent me a battery which took 7 days to get to me which then my buyers remorse period was about a few days after getting the battery. Ofcourse the battery didnt fix anything either. Again i call Tmo and now they said i need to do a restore. So wipe the BB again and this time retore OS. I tried to get a refund and return the phone. I had enough of this calling back everyday and trying something new everytime which just wastes my time and doesnt work. But since the battery took its sweet time my buyers remorse was up and basicly Tmo told me to bad. I have not tried the restore yet but will post when i do and let you know if the problem still exsists. As i was typing this post guess what happened. A DAMN reboot. I notice it all the time when i am not on it, and it reboots alot. I have only noticed once when i was on a call, since it jsut hung up. GRrrrrr...
    02-14-08 01:10 AM
    So, everyones 8320 ,those are rebooting, are all of you on T-Mobile network or elsewhere too?
    May be a particular defective batch creeped in..
    When did you buy your 8320 and where is it Made in?

Have you tried using the same device on ATT ( provided it is unlocked)?

Was wi-fi on at the time reboot happens?
    Just trying to check list of probable causes.
    02-15-08 03:43 AM
    I have a 8310 with Att, it actually has a setting to restart itself. you have to go into the options menu and turn it off.
    02-15-08 10:41 AM
    Yesterday I unlocked all the vendor themes via the how-to on this site, and after it restarted, it wanted to shutdown and restart twice on its own. Hasn't happened since, but the auto off feature was not activated, so I don't know why this happened, I thought it was because of the change to the OS.
    02-15-08 12:02 PM
    My recommendation: bail out from TMB ! They grew too fast, too greedy, and the network isn't as stable as it used to be until a year ago.

I've had this same problem since getting my 8320 from TMB, last December :
    it restarts after every other call.

Will contact Tmobile to exchange my device, and downgrade my WiFi plan.
    My wife is using a similar wifi service with AT&T and the same 8320 , and it is running smoothly. Not speaking of much better coverage, she can talk were I can't.
    02-17-08 07:37 PM
    I notice my 8320 reboots when its connected via Wifi. Never happened when its on EDGE alone.
    03-26-08 11:11 AM
    The restarting sounds like an OS problem, try updating your OS on your provider's site or follow the link for the most updated OS for the handset on the forum. Dropping of call may be caused by faulty equipment, poor network capacity, or may also be OS related.

My suggestion, check your provider's site for a OS update
    If none found, check on the forum for the most recent for your handset,
    If all fails, thank your service provider for the brand new blackberry they're giving you
    03-29-08 01:24 PM
    My new Curve was resetting itself every 5 to 10 minutes.
    It also showed a low signal level in areas where it should have been 4 bars.
    I took it back to the store and exchanged it for a different one. Problem fixed.

I think that RIM may have had a bad run of devices.
    03-30-08 09:16 AM
    So my situation isn't as extreme - My phone decides to automatically turn off and then turn back on in the middle of a call. I've had the 8310 for about, oh, 3 days now and it's done that in the middle of two separate calls. I really don't think it's a network issue, nor a battery one, in my case. The auto turn on/off thing is disabled. Maybe it's just buggy. I guess I'll keep my phone for a little while longer and see if the issues get worse. If it does, then it's back to Costco it goes.

I agree - maybe RIM had a defective Curve phase...
    05-12-08 01:19 AM
    My recommendation: bail out from TMB ! They grew too fast, too greedy, and the network isn't as stable as it used to be until a year ago.

I've had this same problem since getting my 8320 from TMB, last December :
    it restarts after every other call.

Will contact Tmobile to exchange my device, and downgrade my WiFi plan.
    My wife is using a similar wifi service with AT&T and the same 8320 , and it is running smoothly. Not speaking of much better coverage, she can talk were I can't.
    wow your first and only post in here is bashing another carrier, and to talk about a network growing to fast and getting greedy lets put the "subpar" att right at the top of that list when they locked up the iphone and brought all those people over... OP im sure if you call the (7 quarter running J.D. power customer service winning) customer service they will be happy to get the problem resolved for you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/t-m...er-does-34459/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/how...-mobile-34862/

Awards by Industry - Awards | J.D. Power and Associates
    05-12-08 01:40 AM
    wow your first and only post in here is bashing another carrier
    Again I point out the AMAZING frequency of at&t/666 posters who show up here, never having been here before, and for their VERY first post start telling some odd story about T-Mobile.

It's not just a coincidence.

And have you noticed, it's ALWAYS an at&t/666 subscriber. Never a Verizon or Sprint or Nextel or Alltel or anyone else.

Just at&t/666.

Fascinating.
    05-12-08 01:49 AM
    I have a 8310 with Att, it actually has a setting to restart itself. you have to go into the options menu and turn it off.
    Where under options is the setting that needs changed to stop it from restarting. There is no exact time, like stated earlier by others you are not even using it. My wifes doesn't even com close to what I have installed on mine and hers does it and mine does not.
    05-19-08 08:03 PM
    DH 8320 kept rebooting itself, he wanted me to figure it out. Well turns out DH had fallen into the river, so I dried it out and its all good now. We both have 8320 just a month old, using UMA/wifi, and this was the only occurance. I would think it would be a bad batch.
    05-19-08 08:18 PM
    I have had my TMO WiFi Curve since Sept of last year and since day one have had the dropped call problem or fail to dial problem. I've noticed my call dropping and failed call issue seems to happen most when the phone is switching (for no apparent reason) from UMA to EDGE or the reverse. I've called the TMO peeps multiple times and this seems to be a common complaint on file but they have no idea what the cause might be. I was told on my last call to them that it was because I had not registered a location for WiFi service, so they added that to my account and did a reboot of my phone and said that should fix things. I was SOOOO hopeful...It seems to have cut down the number of dropped calls (from 6-10 times during one 10 min call down to 2-3 times) but it's still a problem. I hate it!!! They said they would not do a phone swap for me even though all software is as up to date as it can be for right now. They said they think it could be hardware problem which would be RIM's issue to fix not theirs... nice. I also asked about the reboot issue since my phone seems to do it every 12 hours and they said that's normal and good for the phone... what ever.
    I plan to call TMO again and complain about the dropped calls since my phone should not be switching between the various services as much as it does since I have a WiFi router at work and at home and it should just stay on that via UMA all day. I know two other people that got the Curve from TMO around Jan of this year and they don't seem to have this problem. I'm in agreement that it might just be a crappy batch of phones floating around.
    05-21-08 08:12 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD