So my 8300 curve keeps reseting itself in a continuous loop. I was able to track the problem to the microSD card. So if I take the card out it works fine. Obviously the solution here is to get a new mircoSD card and see if that works, but I was wondering if this could be caused by something else....

thanks...
    12-15-08 09:38 AM
    it was proably the card,if it work well now without the card, even if it was new card it still could have had a bad componate
    12-15-08 09:44 AM
    When I purchased my curve I had the same thing happen. I found out that the WIFI was the problem. 802.11n is a proposed amendment which improves upon the previous 802.11 standards by adding multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) and many other newer features. 802.11n is not supported by all carriers and all versions of curve OS. If your not using WIFI...disregard. If you are using WIFI, depending upon what OS your curve is running, and the frequency your router is running ("n" does not run on some versions of the curve software) this could be the problem. I changed the frequency on my wireless router and this resolved the problem with the curve.

The funny thing, when I took the curve back to the place I purchased it, the had no idea what the problem was. They just replaced it....a total of 8 times! I checked on this site and found the solution in a WIFI posting. Hope that helps...
    12-15-08 12:03 PM
    IF you have just upgraded to OS 4.5 then the Media Card is your problem. There are two fixes without replacing the crad.

• Backup the card to your PC and then reformat it on the phone.
    • Troll through the card folder by folder on the PC and with hodden files set to show, delete all files named BBThumbs.dat.
    I wrote a thread on this a few months back http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/.
    Last edited by Pete6; 12-15-08 at 12:16 PM.
    12-15-08 12:14 PM
    nope...no Wifi. 8300 does not even have it. The card worked just fine..then one day the curve just decided to start rebooting. I took the card out and it stoped.
    12-15-08 12:17 PM
    IF you have just upgraded to OS 4.5 then the Media Card is your problem. There are two fixes without replacing the crad.

• Backup the card to your PC and then reformat it on the phone.
    • Troll through the card folder by folder on the PC and with hodden files set to show, delete all files named BBThumbs.dat.
    I wrote a thread on this a few months back http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/.
    that could definitly be it....thanks, i will give it a try...
    12-15-08 12:18 PM
    Reformat your card. Did the same to my 8310 after i upgraded to 4.5. Save your card files to a PC before you reformat. Otherwise you'll lose everything.
    12-15-08 12:29 PM
    guys, i need help!

same issue here... I have a verizon 8330 running os 4.3. i didn't upgrade to 4.5 or anything. last night, the phone just started rebooting itself in the loop that you're all familiar with so i turned it off and decided to deal with it first thing this morning. i read this thread, yanked the card, and it seems to be working fine now, but i still have a little anxiety since this is a common prob with upgrading the os, but i didnt do that. i mean, what happened?...and could it happen again?

i'm gonna run over to a verizon store today just to let them take a peek at it, maybe run some tests, and i'm gonna pick up a new memory card just in case. (besides all of our addictions to our bb's to which you guys can relate, my bb is my only phone so without it, i'm s.o.l.)

thanks so much guys!
    03-31-09 08:21 AM
    This does not sound like the problem I described. Your problem sounds more like the Media Card has a problem.

I think that two things need doing here:
    1). try the microSD card in a PC and see if you can read it. I suspect that you will not be able to. If you cannot read the card via a USB adaptr and Windows cannot recover the card then try formatting the card on the PC - you will lose all your data on the card when you do this. Now put the card back in the phone and format it there too. hopefully this will fix the problem. If the card cannot be formatted or read, then it is dead.

2). Take the phone back to the carrier and smile.
    03-31-09 10:11 AM
    This does not sound like the problem I described. Your problem sounds more like the Media Card has a problem.

I think that two things need doing here:
    1). try the microSD card in a PC and see if you can read it. I suspect that you will not be able to. If you cannot read the card via a USB adaptr and Windows cannot recover the card then try formatting the card on the PC - you will lose all your data on the card when you do this. Now put the card back in the phone and format it there too. hopefully this will fix the problem. If the card cannot be formatted or read, then it is dead.

2). Take the phone back to the carrier and smile.
    thanks for the reply, pete. i've had the card out of the phone all morning and it seems to be working fine - i'm running all of my apps, opening email attachments, sending texts, making calendar appts, etc. this afternoon my IT guy at work is gonna let me grab his media card reader so i can try what you suggested in #1. if the card's dead, i can live easier with that than the phone having a problem...and luckily i backed up everything on my card a few weeks ago on my home computer (it's just pics, ringtones, and wallpapers anyway.)

i assume your #2 suggestion is only if i keep having problems? i think i can live without a media card in my phone, but i'm gonna pick up a new anyway to keep running tests.

worst case scenario is that the phone is toast. i guess only time will tell.

thanks again for the reply - i really appreciate it
    03-31-09 10:28 AM
    update:

i just bought a new 4 GB card & a card reader. (i love having best buy across the street from my office. they had a 4 GB card & reader combo for like $35.) the reader actually read my old card and i was able to retrieve everything off of it. however, trying to use my computer to format the old card isn't working and i will NOT be putting it back into my phone. it was just a 1 GB card VZW gave me for free when i bought the phone, so i don't mind chucking it.

i just installed the new 4 GB card in the phone and it works fine so far. i formatted it using the phone (just in case). so far, no reboots.

all things point to something shady going on with my old media card. everything is currently working fine and i'm happy.

i know this is an old thread, but thanks to everyone who posted their issues & fixes, especially Pete6
    03-31-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD