It just happens.
    It's sitting on the desk, and then suddenly turns off and on. Sometimes just once, but sometimes over and over and I have to take out the battery to stop it.
    What's wrong?
    Also, the camera is not working. When I try to turn it on, it says "close other applications and try again". But I don't have anything open.
    Please help
    11-12-08 12:30 PM
    Since this has been a big issue here lately, are you using the Facebook application on your BB?
    11-12-08 12:32 PM
    The same problem happened with me due to fully loaded 4-GB media card. I removed that card & insetred 1 G-B card & set it half free, the problem gone.
    you know it re-boots only when it have a little shake or push (my Curve use to re-boots only when it haves a lil pressure).

Now see if it works for you, just remove un-wanted data from your phone & SD card.

Severe Deceit !
    if the FB app has not been installed propely, or memory down on device, the messages are deleted automaticaly. but not heard re-boots due to faceBook.
    Its my view, may be you're right.
    Thanks
    Last edited by aswanideep; 11-12-08 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typing mistake
    11-12-08 12:46 PM
    I removed my SD card yesterday, but it's still doing it.
    And I don't use FB application. I only have standard applications and I don't use any of them.
    11-12-08 02:07 PM
    Hi Mkostyu, I'm on wap so can't see what device you are using. How is your file free doing? You could check by going to Options>Status.

In terms of the camera problem, have you dropped the phone recently. I know from another thread that a user had a similar problem. It turned out the camera lens had become slightly dislodged and prevented it from working.

Just throwing a couple of thoughts out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 02:14 PM
    gritmaster, i use curve 8300, free file 24941780 out of 55443456. and it is version .166
    11-12-08 02:35 PM
    BTW, I never dropped the phone, but I got it used, and it's scratched pretty bad, so I guess it might have been dropped. is there any way to fix it? My dad think I just need to upgrade the software
    11-12-08 02:37 PM
    Your file free is fine at nearly 25mb. I will see if I can find the thread I was refering to about the camera problem.

11-12-08 02:41 PM
    Here is the thread. See if it does anything to resolve your camera problems.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/cann...-camera-81529/

11-12-08 02:46 PM
    BTW, I never dropped the phone, but I got it used, and it's scratched pretty bad, so I guess it might have been dropped. is there any way to fix it? My dad think I just need to upgrade the software
    It's very possible this is the reason this phone was sold. Could be a random short, bad solder joint on the PCB or water damage, from the original owner. You'd never know if it was water damage if the original owner put new stickers in the phone and popped in a new battery. Have seen a few messages on forums, where people have done this and then put the phones up for sale to pass the problem on to someone else.

At this point you don't have much to lose. So back up any thing you can't live without, and wipe the phone, and install the OS you are currently using (to see if the problem continues) and then upgrade to which ever OS you'd like to try out.
    Also try a brand new battery, if this is the original, it might be the problem.

If it were me, being the curious monkey that I am, I would take the phone apart and see if there was any loose connections, or dirty/dull contacts for the battery, SIM card and media card contacts. Same or the LCD and antenna connections. These can be cleaning up with a light rubbing with a clean pencil eraser to make them shinny if they are dull. A squirt with a can of Electronic Cleaner or TV Tuner (same stuff) will clean up female contacts that you can't clean with the eraser.
    11-12-08 03:19 PM
    At this point you don't have much to lose. So back up any thing you can't live without, and wipe the phone, and install the OS you are currently using (to see if the problem continues) and then upgrade to which ever OS you'd like to try out.
    Also try a brand new battery, if this is the original, it might be the problem.
    Do I HAVE to install the current OS before installing a new one?
    Can someone at ATT store do it for me?
    11-14-08 03:10 PM
    Since installing new OS (2 days ago) the phone stopped turning off and on.
    awesome
    11-17-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD