Just out of concern I would like peoples opinions on the curve having one of the highest radiation ratings of all cell phones. (1.51).

I just bought my curve and I had i carried it in the hip holster for about 2 weeks when i noticed that my side/back/kidneys were starting to hurt. I was getting a dull pain in that area.

To combat this I have just purchased a skin for my blackberry and im going to try to keep it away from my body when im traveling/walking around etc and just keep it in my hand instead of near my torso.

What do you guys think.
    03-22-08 03:38 PM
    its a heavy wide phone and maybe that bulk of the phone pressing on your body hurts you OR you need to start drinking more water. When they say highest radiation, its not enough to give you cancer and when your on the computer, it is pushing so much radiation that you will go blind vs. the curve. They say everything causes cancer even going outside causes cancer. So get busy living or get busy dying.
    03-22-08 03:45 PM
    I dont think the kind of pain im having is from the strain of the phone. I do agree with you, everything causes cancer. Im just curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and how they dealt with it
    03-22-08 03:49 PM
    All phones emit radiation. You have to understand that phones emit non-ionizing radiation. In other words the radiatian from a phone does not carry enough energy per quantam to ionize atoms or molecules, only enough to excite them. Radio waves, which is what phones use, barely even get into the thermal range of electromagetic radiation. You are worrying about nothing. I suggest you take a freshman physics class at any accredited university that focuses on electromagentic radiation and is typically listed in the course catalag as "E-Mag". I am not trying to be rude or ignoring your concern, but you should fully understand what radiation is before you worry about it being harmful. There are harmful types (gamma, beta, alpha) and non harmful such as radio, microwave, and infrared. Light is radiation and you don't see people worrying about it (maybe vampires). Every time you turn on a lightbulb, you are being slammed with radiation. By the fact that you have a computer and used a monitor you exposed yourself to radiation. Phones are so low on the power chart it is almost silly. Anyway, have a beer and chill.
    03-22-08 03:57 PM
    Absolutely no problems from carrying the Curve. I doubt there is enough radiation to do any harm and especially in 2 weeks. As for weight, the Curve weighs 3.9 oz. Someone's key ring might weigh more than that. If you are experiencing side/back/kidney pain I would suggest seeing your physician as I doubt that your Curve causing the problem.
    03-22-08 04:08 PM
    Great!!!!!!! Something new for me to worry about!!!!!!!!!
    03-22-08 04:32 PM
    Great!!!!!!! Something new for me to worry about!!!!!!!!!
    Don't worry. Just enjoy the Curve!!
    03-22-08 04:34 PM
    If your kidney's are bothering you, its not from your Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 04:36 PM
    MMMmmm radiation! Such a wonderful thing

I wouldnt worry, it has to be something else
    03-22-08 04:36 PM
    All phones emit radiation. You have to understand that phones emit non-ionizing radiation. In other words the radiatian from a phone does not carry enough energy per quantam to ionize atoms or molecules, only enough to excite them. Radio waves, which is what phones use, barely even get into the thermal range of electromagetic radiation. You are worrying about nothing. I suggest you take a freshman physics class at any accredited university that focuses on electromagentic radiation and is typically listed in the course catalag as "E-Mag". I am not trying to be rude or ignoring your concern, but you should fully understand what radiation is before you worry about it being harmful. There are harmful types (gamma, beta, alpha) and non harmful such as radio, microwave, and infrared. Light is radiation and you don't see people worrying about it (maybe vampires). Every time you turn on a lightbulb, you are being slammed with radiation. By the fact that you have a computer and used a monitor you exposed yourself to radiation. Phones are so low on the power chart it is almost silly. Anyway, have a beer and chill.
    Before you start quoting book references and lectures from your prof, I think you should be more open minded. I know 100% that BBs emit more than normal RF compared to regular cell phones. At work my collegues and I have created a test environment in our deparment where we would have all 15 BBs within a 3 feet radius around a person sitting at their desk in the middle. Each and everyone who sat in the middle for approx: 20mins, experienced headaches.
    Ever put your BB near a computer speaker, try it and you will hear the static interference on the speaker even without the BB calling someone. On my regular cell phone I would only hear the interference when its calling someone!
    03-22-08 05:29 PM
    ...Phones are so low on the power chart it is almost silly....
    I have to agree here.

I carry at least 8 hours a day my BB in my shirt pocket without any problem. I must say that if it is non dangerous for the majority of the population, it does not mean it's not dangerous for everybody.

If medical difficulties appear and you have the slightest suspicion that it is your phone, you should take precautions. In any case, you should see a doctor.

Daruba.
    03-22-08 06:57 PM
    Before you start quoting book references and lectures from your prof, I think you should be more open minded. I know 100% that BBs emit more than normal RF compared to regular cell phones. At work my collegues and I have created a test environment in our deparment where we would have all 15 BBs within a 3 feet radius around a person sitting at their desk in the middle. Each and everyone who sat in the middle for approx: 20mins, experienced headaches.
    Ever put your BB near a computer speaker, try it and you will hear the static interference on the speaker even without the BB calling someone. On my regular cell phone I would only hear the interference when its calling someone!
    I have no doubt that 15 bb will cause headaches, but that is a little different then one on your hip. As far as interference with speakers, I was using a Motorla V551 on the Rogers GSM network and it would make a **** of a racket any time I went anywhere near a speaker, during a call or not. I have since switched to Telus (CDMA) and have had a Nokia 6265i and now a BB 8130 and have never had a problem. I would blame the network technology not the Curve. As for side/back/kidney pain I would go and see your Dr. Good luck.
    03-22-08 07:22 PM
    Why anyone would buy a device that they suspect would give them cancer is beyond me.

The trial lawyers have been looking for the next bid tobacoo case and they have been fanning the cell phones cause cancer flames for a while now. No comprehensive study has shown this to be remotely true.

If you think that it causes cancer then get as far away from it as you can.
    03-22-08 08:04 PM
    I definately would not go as far as to say, RF signals emitted from cellphones actually causes cancer. I just wanted to make a point that BB do in fact emit more frequencies(that can be felt) than normal cellphones.
    03-22-08 08:21 PM
    I'm just curious as to whom you got to sit still surrounded by 15 BB's for three hours? Were they allowed to browse? Play brickbreaker? Watch three episodes of CSI downloaded from video4blackberry? :-) if not, talk about cruel and unusual punishment.
    You get more radiation from the sun walking from your car to your office than you get from a weeks use of your curve. Go to the Dr. And find out what's really wrong with you. :-)

03-22-08 08:39 PM
    I think I am more concerned with how my BB interferes with my office phone at work that the radiation it emits.
    03-22-08 08:49 PM
    I'm just curious as to whom you got to sit still surrounded by 15 BB's for three hours? Were they allowed to browse? Play brickbreaker? Watch three episodes of CSI downloaded from video4blackberry? :-) if not, talk about cruel and unusual punishment.
    You get more radiation from the sun walking from your car to your office than you get from a weeks use of your curve. Go to the Dr. And find out what's really wrong with you. :-)

If you knew how to read properly, then I wouldn't have to respond to this comment. We sat down for (approx 20min) surrounded by 15bb (why 15bb because in our department/lab there are 15 of us), this experiement was done out of curiosity between my collegues and myself. Obviously you don't have an open mind and are easily influenced by the majority rather than being proactive and figuring things yourself.
    03-22-08 08:51 PM
    No problems caused by my berry. Also, drink half your body weight in oz of water/day.

03-22-08 08:53 PM
    I've never had a problem like that . I hope that your side,back, and kidneys feel better soon.
    03-22-08 09:17 PM
    Nah. I just scoff at laymen doing impromptu scientific experimentation. What kind of definitive results did you achieve? You gave someone a headache? From that you post concerns on a public message baord? Wait. Let me call the Nobel committee. :-). Now, before you jump through hoops again to defend you research, let me add that I put the smiley faces in my earlier posts for a reason. I was being lighthearted. Now if you have back and kidney pain and wait for another two weeks while you run you next experiment to see if not wearing your curve on you hip fixes it, you're being silly by not seeing a Dr. My two cents. Take it or leave it. :-)

03-22-08 09:41 PM
    Paragraph II:
    "It's important to note that in publishing this list are we in no way implying that cell phone use is or isn't harmful to your health. While research abounds and some tests have shown that cell phone radiofrequency (RF) could accelerate cancer in laboratory animals, the studies have not been replicated. Cell phones can affect internal pacemakers, but there is not conclusive or demonstrated evidence that they cause adverse health affects in humans. Conversely, there is not conclusive or demonstrated evidence that they don't
    cause adverse health affects in humans. So, in short, the jury is still out, research is ongoing, and we will continue to monitor its results."
    Cell phone radiation levels
    By CNET staff (updated February 28, 2008)
    What it all meansHere is a link if anyone wants to read the whole article.

I feel safe. So, lighten up and have some fun(lol). Get your back and kidneys checked out by a doctor. I hope you're not passing a stone.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-22-08 at 11:20 PM.
    03-22-08 11:12 PM
    I think I am more concerned with how my BB interferes with my office phone at work that the radiation it emits.
    'All" of my cell phones have done that- not just my berry.lol
    03-22-08 11:16 PM
    unless youre wearing a BB suit, i dont think you need to worry about cancer. drink more water and stop crying
    03-22-08 11:22 PM
    Eh I dont care. I work over 60 hrs a week and my berry is always in my Dash hip holster if not in my hands or on my night stand at home. We will all die someday so why worry?
    03-22-08 11:28 PM
    Nah. I just scoff at laymen doing impromptu scientific experimentation. What kind of definitive results did you achieve? You gave someone a headache? From that you post concerns on a public message baord? Wait. Let me call the Nobel committee. :-). Now, before you jump through hoops again to defend you research, let me add that I put the smiley faces in my earlier posts for a reason. I was being lighthearted. Now if you have back and kidney pain and wait for another two weeks while you run you next experiment to see if not wearing your curve on you hip fixes it, you're being silly by not seeing a Dr. My two cents. Take it or leave it. :-)

You just proved again that you can't read or unable to sort out information that is right in front of you. Get your facts straight first before you make comments. I did not post on here complaining about kidney pains or organ pains of any kind. The first post(at the beginning of the thread) by the OP was complaints about pain, I just commented on my findings and tests done at work with my collegues. This is by no way an experimental finding or "conclusive RESEARCH" that you somehow twisted from a simple comment that i had made.
    03-22-08 11:39 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD