Well, I know it doesn't seem fair, but it really isn't fair to Verizon either. Think of the people who bought the 8830 last summer on AT&T, only to see the Curve come out a couple months later. Verizon can't keep giving you discounts just because you want a new phone, because they aren't making money selling a BlackBerry Curve for 120 dollars. They make money off the service, and if you keep getting expensive phones at cheap prices, they'll be losing money.
    05-08-08 08:00 PM
    Sadly, after speaking with an in-store Verizon rep and one on the phone, the result was the same: I am more than welcome to order a Curve for the low low full retail price of only $439. I've been a Verizon customer for almost 10 years, and thus far their customer service has been great to me, yet they were completely unwilling to give me any sort of a deal at all. Even the threat of changing carriers did noting to change their tune. I guess I have to wait until the price goes down...
    I took my vzw number to AT&T and within 10 days i received a lette asking me to come back to VZW. they did not charge me the early termination fee and gave any phone at the promotional price.
    05-08-08 08:05 PM
    I couldn't take it anymore. After seeing the relatively phenomenal "resale values" of my tiny 4GB iPhone, I bit the bullet and will hold an 8330 in my hand by Monday (1-2 biz days from now). I'm so excited it's ridiculous. :
    05-08-08 08:15 PM
    I love the Curve! It's the best BlackBerry ever!
    05-08-08 08:55 PM
    Likely getting mine tomorrow in-store (apparently the Verizon guy will call if our store receives them). Very excited - though sadly I won't be able to play much with it until after 9:00.
    05-08-08 11:44 PM
    Finally got mine!! What a beauty! I had to con a Circuit City guy to order it and he had to go through 3 managers before he got one to OK it. Ordered it on Tuesday and got it yesterday. Very nice!!
    05-09-08 07:17 AM
    so i just got off the phone with one of the guys at the Verizon store and after calling everyday this week i FINALLY got a straight up answer as to when they were going to be selling them in the store.... May 12th it is! i can't wait! too bad i have to work in the morning so i wont be getting to Verizon until like 4:30!! I HOPE THEY DON'T RUN OUT LOL
    05-09-08 10:21 AM
    Just exchanged my pearl for the Curve at my local store. They did a warranty swap for me. No charge even exchange. Love the Curve so far.
    05-09-08 06:14 PM
    Hello everyone,

It seems as if people are paying different prices for their Verizon 8330 Curve.

I am curious how much you all spent and if it is a good price, how did you get it so cheap (company discounts, new every-2, etc)?

If you spoke to a friendly VZW rep, please mention their info too. I would like to get the Curve, but as a student, would like to get it as cheap as possible.

On that note, do I need an Enterprise account to get my school's (.edu) mail?
    05-10-08 08:02 AM
    I got mine for $49.99. Here's How:

Ordered online. Posted Price was $299.99 NE2 (New Every 2) Discount was $100.00, now at $199.99. ADC (Advanced Device Credit) was $100.00, now at $99.99. $50.00 Mail-In Rebate (For ordering through Verizon Wireless Website) bring final cost on the Newly Released Curve down to a net of $49.99. By the way when I ordered mine, I picked on the accessory screen a Duracell 4GB card which normally was $59.99, was on sale for $38.50; I picked that up as well. As a side bonus, since I ordered before 5PM on that day, overnight shipping was free! I am only posting now, because I wanted to be sure that everything showed up as scheduled.

Good Luck to all!

Schwa
    05-11-08 06:54 PM
    So I got my new Verizon 8330 Curve today. It is awesome. Camera, video, MMS texting. Finally I can retire my 8830. I love the way the keyboard is spread apart. Well worth the wait!
    I totally agree. I had the 8830 as well and when I received the curve it was a total different ballgame. I had some points to get adjusted to but today is my one week of having and it and I love it.
    05-13-08 01:56 PM
    Whats the deal with the Verizon curve and nationwide calling? Does anyone know the pricing yet cause i�m going to europe for a month and wanted to know if it would be cheaper if i just bought the curve and added the feature for a month or the nationwide calling plan w.e, or would it be cheaper another way? Also i heard that no matter what with a blackberry the monthly plan is a minimum of 40$ is this true?
    Thanks
    05-13-08 04:54 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD