vERIZON HAS NOW POSTED THE CURVE ONLINE AT THIER WEBSITE

Enter your location
    05-06-08 02:13 PM
    Well, the Curve's for sale now on Verizon's site, along with its picture. I just ordered one and upgraded from my 8800. I'm beginning to think it wasn't worth the effort as I've been spending the last 3 hours of my life trying to get it all ironed out. Hahaha I hope this phone lives up to all its hype!
    05-06-08 05:38 PM
    threads merged...
    05-06-08 05:43 PM
    At first I didn't believe you - viewing the Verizon site doesn't give any indication - until you view ALL of the Blackberrys and it's showing up. Yay! Now to see if I can order.
    05-06-08 05:45 PM
    You would think they would have it on their front page...

oh well I don't have to worry about it.
    05-06-08 05:49 PM
    Hahaha sorry I didn't realize there was another thread! I'm sure they will put it on their front page, probably very few people are addicted to crackberries like those on this forum. For most people who don't constantly check for site updates, I'm sure they'll have their "grand opening" online, probably on the 9th as we expected.
    05-06-08 05:59 PM
    You would think they would have it on their front page...

oh well I don't have to worry about it.
    Don't tease us less fortunate people.
    05-06-08 06:01 PM
    I am so happy I just order mine like five minutes ago. Now I can leave my wifes blackberry alone. Wooohhoooo I finally have one!!!! Now all I have to do is buy somethings for it. I should be here in like 1 to 2 days just in time for my Birthday on Friday May 9. WooooHooooOooOooooO!!!!
    05-06-08 06:14 PM
    oh mannnnnnnn!!!!! IM GETTING SO ANXIOUS! lol i need the curve to be available at the verizon STORE, NOT ONLINE!!!! they just better get them before may 15th or else im stuck with my Pearl (which i of course love, but really want the curve lol). fingers are crossed!
    05-06-08 06:19 PM
    oh mannnnnnnn!!!!! IM GETTING SO ANXIOUS! lol i need the curve to be available at the verizon STORE, NOT ONLINE!!!! they just better get them before may 15th or else im stuck with my Pearl (which i of course love, but really want the curve lol). fingers are crossed!
    I'm guessing that's when your 30 day trial ends? If you want to go ahead and order it online or by phone, send me a PM because I just went through the process of ending my 30 day "Worry Free Guarantee," going back to my old phone for a couple days, and upgrading to a Curve. (I got the 8830 on April 10th)
    05-06-08 06:22 PM
    First off sorry about the double posts, not sure how that happen, anyway I was surprised and shocked. Suprised at how early it came out, evenryone at VZW was saying the end of the month, yeah that is bull but it is out and that is all that matters. Now I feel kinda silly was trying so hard the last few days to get this phone. I really hope it does live up to the hype. If not then I will just back to my 8830. Lastly I paid $344 for the phone yesterday and then noticed it was $100 cheaper online. If you paid more than what is online you can call them and get a refund. Of course they didn't refund my credit card but credit towards my bill is good enough. I am curious on how everyone like their new curve
    05-06-08 07:19 PM
    does the BB plan without the "wireless internet" have unlimited data or only for emails? im confused.
    05-06-08 07:34 PM
    I have been looking to upgrade from my AT&T Pearl, which I love. The thing I really wanted from the next generation of BB's was 3G. I really don't care for the look, size, or keyboard on the 9000.

It finally occured to me that a Curve from Verizon is effectively a 3G phone with a Curve look, size, and keyboard. So, I just finished ordering my 8330 Curve from Verizon.

Now I have absolutely no interest in the 9000.
    05-06-08 09:31 PM
    First off sorry about the double posts, not sure how that happen, anyway I was surprised and shocked. Suprised at how early it came out, evenryone at VZW was saying the end of the month, yeah that is bull but it is out and that is all that matters. Now I feel kinda silly was trying so hard the last few days to get this phone. I really hope it does live up to the hype. If not then I will just back to my 8830. Lastly I paid $344 for the phone yesterday and then noticed it was $100 cheaper online. If you paid more than what is online you can call them and get a refund. Of course they didn't refund my credit card but credit towards my bill is good enough. I am curious on how everyone like their new curve
    did you have to raise a stink about the difference in price? i am going to call tomorrow b/c even though i got it for $179, they did not give me the $100 online discount. i got the $100 adc, $50 ne2, and $50 mail in rebate. add another $100 and i am down to $79 or less...
    05-06-08 09:32 PM
    anyway to get down to $179 without the ADC (I'm not eligible)? ...

I'm at: $319 - $50 new every two - $50 mail in rebate = $229. I mentioned the $100 rebate, but they weren't willing to give that to me.

Any advice?

UPDATE 5/7: I called and somehow I ended up getting the Advanced Device Credit ($100), in addition I somehow got a discount through my company (I thought it only applied to the monthly plan!!)... so it worked out to: $319 - $50 NE2 - $100 (ADC) - $64 (Company Discount) = $104 total. However using the company discount, unfortuately cancelled out the $50 mail in rebate. Quite happy with the deal I got!

My sales rep was Soraya: 1-800-688-9290 x5184
    Last edited by sstrong213; 05-07-08 at 10:27 AM.
    05-06-08 09:46 PM
    I could be wrong, but I was of the notion that you could only get the online discount online. Even if you paid more, I think that might be one of the disadvantages for the people who ordered by phone early, since there was a lot of confusion for the salespeople as far as the price was concerned. Not to mention it seems like a lot of the phone prices are cheaper online than in-store. Hope you get it worked out though.

And to someone else's question earlier, Verizon offers a plan (not sure of the cost) that you're referring to...it's unlimited e-mail only, no internet plan, so you'll pay by MB. I'm pretty sure that's not one of the options for the Curve though, or at least it wasn't when I ordered earlier.
    05-06-08 09:57 PM
    I just got home from talking to some people at the Verizon store. Apparently, the phones arrive in stores tomorrow...but unfortunately can't sell them until the 12th. Love the Pearl, but really want this Curve! Can't wait to get mine on the 12th!
    05-06-08 10:05 PM
    I ordered my curve today and was going to pay $79.99 for the 450 anytime minute plan with email, but I noticed that there is a "blackberry email and web" plan for $29.99!

So I just got the basic $39.99 - 450 minute plan and added on the $29.99 blackberry "email and web" plan, and it saves you $10.00, so I'm not sure what verizon is doing
    05-06-08 10:06 PM
    I just got home from talking to some people at the Verizon store.* Apparently, the phones arrive in stores tomorrow...but unfortunately can't sell them until the 12th.* Love the Pearl, but really want this Curve!* Can't wait to get mine on the 12th!
    is this for every verizon store or just the one by you??
    05-06-08 10:09 PM
    Is it just me or would this Verizon Curve look sweet in a black silicone case? Seems like the case will match the black around the screen and the black keys.
    05-06-08 10:25 PM
    I will have mine on Friday. I am happy to get rid of my trusty 8703.
    05-06-08 10:32 PM
    I'm new to Crackberry.com, but you guys are AWESOME. I have had the 8839 less than 60 days but I have to have a camera on my phone for my job....can anybody give tips with Verizon CS to get them to trade out,up etc.....and has anyone every used Blackberry's trade up program>
    ?
    05-07-08 05:17 AM
    I talked to vzw cust service and they offered me a sick deal but its over the phone only cand not avail until the 12th.

They told me the curve was $369.99 -- I'm switching from ATT and if u say ur switching from an iphone they give u $100 off, then another $100 off for adding a BB data plan + the $50 mail in rebate.all this with a 1 year contract which brings the total up front cost to $119, and after the rebate the phone is only $69.99!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 06:25 AM
    Curve or 9000? Decisions decisions
    05-07-08 06:39 AM
    My wife is getting me the 8330 at the end of the month. Looking forward to it!
    05-07-08 07:59 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD