Hello, I've just recently purchased a Blackberry 8330 Curve from Future Shop in Canada on the Telus network.

I want to have my phone only vibrate for EVERYTHING. When I set it to a profile where it is Tone+Vibrate, it is silent when it should be vibrating and then sounds the ringtone without any vibration at all.

When it is set to just Vibrate, nothing happens at all, the screen just lights up. Earlier in the day it was working just fine but I had the problem happen a couple of days ago and I took it back to the store and the lady fixed it for me... apparently something was just set to mute in the profile. This isn't the case obviously because the ringer will sound!!

I'm running on the 4.3.0.124. I had this problem first after I installed 4.5.0.77 and it persisted even through downgrading back to 4.3.0.124 and even using the "Wipe Handheld" feature.

If anyone could help me out it would be MUCH MUCH MUCH!!! appreciated as I'm leaving the country for a week on wednesday and I'm afraid that they won't return the phone when I get back if I don't get it in before.

I'll be online here for a while so I can answer anymore questions/etc/try suggestions and get back to you. I'm willing to clear my phone so ANYTHING that could fix it would help.

You can also email me at "mann DOT ryan [at] gmail (DOT) com"

Thanks,
    Ryan
    02-16-09 07:23 PM
    A couple things to try. First try and do a battery pull, that may help (pull battery for 30 seconds while phone is on)

Second, double check your putting it on the vibrate profile, and not a silent or quite, I have done that in the past.

Third, go in to the vibrate profile and make sure the profile doesn't have the settings for any message or call indicator set to mute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:27 PM
    A couple things to try. First try and do a battery pull, that may help (pull battery for 30 seconds while phone is on)

Second, double check your putting it on the vibrate profile, and not a silent or quite, I have done that in the past.

Third, go in to the vibrate profile and make sure the profile doesn't have the settings for any message or call indicator set to mute.

I have done all of that multiple times.
    02-16-09 07:37 PM
    The device sadly may be defective. The vibrate mechanism could have gone bad.

02-16-09 07:42 PM
    I'm attempting the 4.5.0.131 update and will advise as to whether it fixed the problem.
    02-16-09 08:39 PM
    It did not solve the issue. Any other suggestions before I return/exchange the phone?
    02-16-09 09:17 PM
    So I returned the phone today and it was long and complicated but I have it now... unfortunately I haven't been able to test it yet because apparently it's going to take 24-72 BUSINESS hours for the phone to access the network again... oh jeez Telus.

They're lucky that I'm going on vacation for a week and won't be taking my phone along otherwise they'd be getting some nasty calls.
    02-17-09 05:07 PM
    24-72 hrs!

Have you tried it recently, mostly they are pretty much instant or a few hours, but not days.
    02-17-09 06:05 PM
    24-72 hrs!

Have you tried it recently, mostly they are pretty much instant or a few hours, but not days.
    Yeah, it's still down.
    02-18-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD