For some reason every time my curve 8310 is supposed to vibrate, it just makes a sort of high pitch ringing sound. I've looked at the settings but I still cannot figure what the issue is.
    Any help?
    02-03-08 01:19 PM
    Have you attempted a hard reset by pulling out the battery while the device is powered on, then reinserting the battery? A battery pull often fixes quirky issues.
    02-03-08 01:27 PM
    Attempted the hard reset and it rendered no effect.
    02-03-08 01:49 PM
    Try changing profiles. Drop it recently? Other than that I don't really have a clue what would be the cause.
    02-03-08 01:56 PM
    The thing is, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary with it, just everyday usage.
    The sound it makes when it vibrates is one of those stealth tones, where only younger people can hear it so I don't believe it is a malfunction of the phone, just a setting I don't remember changing.
    Any one had a problem simular to this?
    02-04-08 05:15 PM
    Could be your phone broke.
    02-04-08 08:01 PM
    Mine doesn't vibrate.. I can't get it to do so.. Tried everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 12:56 PM
    Cybriwsky,

I am having the exact same issue. When i use the profiles to force it to vibrate as a test I also hear that High pitch tone but no vibrate... My guess is that its a problem with the motor... it for some reason is trying to but not spinning and the fact that the motor is being powered and not able to spin is causing the high pitch squeal. Mine is a corporate phone so I think i am just going to tun it in and try to get a new one.
    07-22-08 08:40 AM
    It sounds like your phone is broken, go into the store and see what they say. You may be eligible for a replacement.
    07-22-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD