. .
    Last edited by aarmento; 08-11-08 at 11:05 AM.
    06-20-08 09:45 AM
    I just got the curve about a month ago and love it. As for the bold o thunder, I would not hold my breath. Verizon is great for not getting the new phones until after they have been out with other carriers for some time. Look at the new Palm they just put out, other carriers have had it for some time now.

I agree the Q sucks use to have it. I decided to go with the curve and not wait. I have been with Verizon for many years, and have come to grips that I will be 6 months to a year behind the other carriers as to when I get the latest and greatest. Plus for me, it does not bother me as much if everyone and their brother has a newer phone than me and I am still surfing away on the Curve.

It is up to you, but you may be waiting for a long time if you are going to wait for something better than the curve.
    06-20-08 09:54 AM
    The Bold will be out realllllllly soon, wait if you can. Otherwise the Curve is fantastic.
    06-20-08 10:10 AM
    The Bold will be out realllllllly soon, wait if you can. Otherwise the Curve is fantastic.
    How can you be so sure?
    06-20-08 10:19 AM
    How can you be so sure?
    I agree... just because there are rumors that the Bold is coming out soon, it doesn't mean it actually is. More than likely, ATT will get the Bold first in US.

Who knows when VZW will even get the Bold, I have not heard anything about Verizon and the Bold. I have heard about the Thunder coming to VZW...

Either way, there is no way you can be for sure when the Bold is going to be out, especially for your carrier. I would get the Curve if you want a new device and be satisfied. People have such a strong desire to always have the best... and I personally thing the Curve is the best Berry out right now.

The thing is, in 2 months it might not be... or 6 months... or whatever. But, that is how technology is... and that is why it is so amazing (because it is always growing so rapidly and always improving!!)
    06-20-08 10:28 AM
    congrats its a great phone. Thunder is a false rumor anyway
    06-20-08 03:05 PM
    Congrats man!!

I am sure you will thoroughly love the new Berry!! After you catch on and get used to it, everything starts to click... then you are addicted!!

Check this out for some good starter info!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lecture-series
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-20-08 at 03:07 PM. Reason: link
    06-20-08 03:06 PM
    Nobody knows how much any of the new BB's are going to be.. Grab a curve for now and just get used to Blackberrys. After that, you can sell the curve and upgrade to something else..IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 03:08 PM
    get the curve....the bold is too big anyways...
    06-20-08 03:13 PM
    I would go ahead and get the curve. I've had mine for a little over a month now and I just love it. I plan on keeping this for a long time and when the 4.5 OS comes out for it (whenever that is anyways...SMH), I will be one happy camper :-D
    06-20-08 03:15 PM
    The curve has to be the best, I was in the barbershop today and two other people (different providers) were on their BB's while waiting for a haircut. We all started talking about our BB's and it was like we were old friends.
    06-20-08 09:31 PM
    Well I really don't need help convincing myself that my moto Q sucks and the Curve is far superior....even if from verizon.

However, I noticed a lot of new phones are starting to come out for vzw...lg decoy, lg dare, bb bold, javelin, or thunder maybe. The question is, how much would I expect to pay if I waited for one of the newer ones? I mean $149 for the curve is right where i need to be, but I always worry that im gonna go get it and then the next day somethign better comes out for ner the same price.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    Rest assured that none of the new BB's will be below $200. As far as I know the new BlackBerry's always debut around $249 subsidized. (Sometimes more.)

I know the Curve still goes for like $300 with a 2-year contract on Bell. Only around $150 on T-Mo (after rebates) But the Bell model is an 8330 whereas T-Mo has the 8320.
    06-20-08 09:45 PM
    How can you be so sure?
    Because I'm a Vodafone UK customer and have just rang them to ask about the availability of the Bold. It is expected to arrive mid July.
    06-21-08 02:30 AM
    I don't think you have to worry about a new phone coming out and being close to the same price point. What you may want to worry about is that the phone you purchase doesn't drop another $50-$100 dollars when the other phones drop. That would hurt me more.
    06-21-08 02:38 AM
    Congrats on getting your Curve
    06-21-08 08:35 AM
    You've seen the curve, so question is really, would you want a bigger phone. At electronics convention the bold was held next to curve and it is. Much bigger, see their website for dimmensions. Thunder while still reasonably priced is touch screen only, consider the function and use. Of touchscreen ONLY if you could live with that then wait, its coming, it'll be here before you know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD