Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,124 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post Curve to launch 1st June with AT&T, possibly?

It you read 'between' the lines in this article, something tells us (CrackBerry.com) that AT&T are about to launch the BlackBerry Curve, 1st June!?!

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - In a first for both sponsor and artist, BlackBerry will present musician John Mayer's upcoming North American tour, Billboard has learned.

Portable communication device BlackBerry will use the Mayer tour to help launch its upcoming AT&T-carried mobile phone, Curve.

The 40-date BlackBerry Presents John Mayer in Concert tour begins June 1 in Ridgefield, Wash., with Ben Folds supporting. Live Nation is promoting the majority of dates on the tour and reports that sales are strong in the early going.

...read the rest, here

ps: information initially provided by Kasperapd...

Retired Forums Moderator

I'd be surprised now if AT&T didn't launch on June 1st.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Question

Hey Kasper and Navilyn,

What about the June 7th AT&T launch in New York City that Boy Genius mentioned in his post on his website. Click on The Boy Genius Report for the details.

So does this mean that there will be several launches for the CURVE, i.e, Washington, New York City and Los Angeles?

CarBob
    Last edited by CarBob; 05-26-2007 at 11:49 PM.
    NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT !
    Retired Forums Moderator

There usually are several launch parties, and with several different dates.
    CrackBerry Abuser

*waits for a launch party within 800 miles of here*
    Retired Forums Moderator

I'm hoping to get to the Dallas launch party.

**keeping fingers crossed**
    CrackBerry Abuser

You have too many connections, kasp!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    2571757c

Quote Originally Posted by kasperapd View Post
    I'm hoping to get to the Dallas launch party.

**keeping fingers crossed**
    If they give free BBs out, does that mean you wont be needing this one...?
    Retired Forums Moderator

We'll see how good my connection is first... and who knows if they'll be giving out free ones. But if they did, can one have too many???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    2571757c

Yes, you can send one back
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kasperapd View Post
    We'll see how good my connection is first... and who knows if they'll be giving out free ones. But if they did, can one have too many???
    I'll be more than happy to help you out by taking one!!

Best,
    CarBob
    NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT !
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can't wait for the Curve to come out! But I'm a bit skeptic on the keypad as was reviewed by Shiny Shiny being chunky and tacky to press. I hope they fixed that issue. I used to buy my cell phones online at letstalk.com, even my current BB 8700g. But this time, I'll check out the Curve first hand before buying it. BlackBerry phones are all good...still, though, don't want to just be sucked into all these hype.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,124 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Centaurie, welcome to CrackBerry.com!

I think the initial 'crappy' keypad was from a test / beta device where when you pressed a key it looked like the whole keypad was 'going in' (up and down)...

I'm sure if RIM are worth their salt, the released version will be nothing like that...

CrackBerry Abuser

Welcome, Centaurie! I hope you find the Curve meets and exceeds your expectations!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Availability Channels

Does anyone have insight into how we will be able to purchase the Curve through AT&T? Will it only be available via telephone ordering channels, via the web, or how will this be done?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Usually it is available online and via telephone at the same time, retail outlets could be a little behind as far as getting their stock.
    CrackBerry User

So what should I do? I have Verizon currently and I need to set up a brand new account with ATT including a new phone number when I order the curve. I'd like to do it on line since it's easier than taking time off work to go into my dreaded Cingular store, which has some of the most clueless employees I have ever seen.

Will the Cingular site give me a choice to choose phone numbers? I am assuming the choices for plans will be easy to navigate. I don't think I can take my Verizon phone number as I still have the 2 year contract till August. But I don't mind that since I need a second line for business anyway.

Any advice? Has anyone done a new account on line?

Thanks. Katherine
    CrackBerry Newbie

What is this "ATT exclusivity for 90 days" I read on boygeniusreport? So T-Mobile users are going to have to wait until Sept 1st??? That's a bunch of BS....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Kath, you can take your old phone number to AT&T, however that will terminate your Verizon account and you will be charged the early termination fee. When you order your AT&T phone, you will be given an option of area codes (and sometimes the next 3 digits) of your new number.

Eight08: That is correct (if it's true).