When I have A LOT of texts from one person, the texts start to lag even after I clear out the history. Sometimes it takes up to 20 seconds just to send a text.

I have nothing running in the background, history and event log are clear, anything else I can do?

It's driving me crazy
    05-19-09 10:18 AM
    I recommend a battery pull for right now, remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. What 3rd party applications do you have installed on the device?
    05-19-09 10:20 AM
    while the device is on, pull the battery for 30 seconds and then reinsert, see if this helps at all.

SD beat me to it, atleast we are on the same page!
    05-19-09 10:20 AM
    I recommend a battery pull for right now, remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. What 3rd party applications do you have installed on the device?
    I've done it a million times. I have Pandora, Facebook, and Gmail / Google mobile. I also have a MicroSD with all my pictures stored on it.
    05-19-09 10:21 AM
    One of the applications is causing the lag if you ask me, I have Facebook 1.5 installed on my device since it was released and I have no issue. Might look into Pandora, when did you notice the lag? Was it after you installed an application?
    05-19-09 10:23 AM
    One of the applications is causing the lag if you ask me, I have Facebook 1.5 installed on my device since it was released and I have no issue. Might look into Pandora, when did you notice the lag? Was it after you installed an application?
    No, it was happening before the download.
    05-19-09 10:24 AM
    I have pandora on my phone, granted im on a storm, but i have no memory problems.

OP, have you erased unused applications from the original OS install, like password keeper, help, memo pad, tasks or anythign of that nature to free up some memory?
    05-19-09 10:26 AM
    Go to Options >Status. Tell us what your Free File memory is at...
    05-19-09 10:26 AM
    Go to Options >Status. Tell us what your Free File memory is at...
    35284837 Bytes.
    05-19-09 10:27 AM
    do you delete ALL your texts or just some of them?
    05-19-09 10:29 AM
    That's enough memory, call Verizon and see what they have to say. How many old SMS's do you have on the device? Do you clear them out regularly or let them build up?
    05-19-09 10:30 AM
    do you delete ALL your texts or just some of them?
    I hit 'delete prior' and it clears out my text messages, call log, BBM conversations and all SMS messages.
    05-19-09 10:30 AM
    That's enough memory, call Verizon and see what they have to say. How many old SMS's do you have on the device? Do you clear them out regularly or let them build up?
    I did and the woman had no idea. I think she opened a help ticket. It seems to still keep a memory of them, but inside messages, I hit 'delete prior'.
    05-19-09 10:32 AM
    It's likely a Carrier issue then...
    05-19-09 10:32 AM
    Do you ever go to menu then select folder and SMS Outbox, and clear that as well?
    05-19-09 10:33 AM
    It's likely a Carrier issue then...
    Grr. I'm gonna go to Verizon today. Thanks for all your help!
    05-19-09 10:33 AM
    Anytime, let us know what they have to say...
    05-19-09 10:34 AM
    Do you ever go to menu then select folder and SMS Outbox, and clear that as well?
    OH WOW. I have from February in there! Why didn't verizon tell me this had to be cleared out as well?

I have the options set to save messages for 15 days, I guess this doesn't mean the outbox as well?
    05-19-09 10:34 AM
    OH WOW. I have from February in there! Why didn't verizon tell me this had to be cleared out as well?

I have the options set to save messages for 15 days, I guess this doesn't mean the outbox as well?
    I would clear that out, and then see what it does. LEt us know if you notice an improvement
    05-19-09 10:35 AM
    I would clear that out, and then see what it does. LEt us know if you notice an improvement
    I cleared out most of the history and pulled the battery. Still lagging a bit...
    05-19-09 10:48 AM
    I'm having the same issue, but with BBM...
    the messages take forever to be transmitted to the other person.

I have nothing running, do a memory cleaning every so often after heavy use,
    My Curve is only a week old...

I have great signal strength at home and at work, so that's not the issue.
    05-19-09 11:09 AM
    You can clear you cache and clear your event log.
    to clear you cache:
    open you browser
    select options
    cache options and clear everything

to clear you event log
    hold down ALT and press lglg
    when the event log comes up hit menu and clear event log

hope this helps

J
    05-19-09 12:02 PM
    You can clear you cache and clear your event log.
    to clear you cache:
    open you browser
    select options
    cache options and clear everything

to clear you event log
    hold down ALT and press lglg
    when the event log comes up hit menu and clear event log

hope this helps

J
    Thanks for the tips, I do this just about every day. When I go to send the text message, the red arrow pops up to show that it's transferring data, but still lags. You've never had this issue?
    05-19-09 12:11 PM
    no. have 8330 on vzw. no lag issues at all. i do a bat pull once a week and I have quickpull installed and I have it set up to restart my phone every morning at 0430.
    05-19-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD