My Blackberry 8330 keeps typing "14" over and over again and then sometimes calls it when I'm not even touching my phone. Then when I try text messaging it types "ws" for every key that I press including the delete button. Doesn't do it all of the time, but most of the time it does and makes the phone pretty much useless because I can't use the keyboard on it.
    11-09-09 11:43 AM
    Does it do this after a battery pull? My curve had an issue last summer where the half of the keyboard wouldn't respond and I had to get a new device. Take it to your providers service center if there is one and see what your options are.
    11-09-09 11:45 AM
    My Blackberry 8330 keeps typing "14" over and over again and then sometimes calls it when I'm not even touching my phone. Then when I try text messaging it types "ws" for every key that I press including the delete button. Doesn't do it all of the time, but most of the time it does and makes the phone pretty much useless because I can't use the keyboard on it.
    This is almost undobtly a water or moistre problem.

Could have been caused by wet hands, or even having the phone in the bathroom while showering. It doesn tae much to destroy these multilayer circuit boards.

Bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 02:34 PM
    Since w, and s are the same keys as 1 and 4 I think they are stuck and maybe your alt key to. Pull battery and spray with contact cleaner or alcohol and push the keys over and over. If this does not work you may need to take device apart and clean under key pad.
    11-09-09 02:59 PM
    ur keyboard has water damage if u take it to your provider they wont fix it there is a sticker on the inside of ur phone for water damage they will be able to see it has been damaged and therefor void your warranty to fix it u have to take it appart peel back the white membrane and clean the key board with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol u might even be able to see corrosion over the 1 and 4 buttons let it dry for about 30 mintus and put it back together and give it a try.
    12-20-09 02:37 AM
    If you want to take the risk, I suggest you follow t.fulton's advice.

1. Open your blackberry phone untile all you can see the circuit board.

2. There is a white membrane that covers the circuitry for your keyboard, peel it. *Do this carefully as you might tear it apart!*

3. Get a cotton swab and put a small amount of lacquer thinner unto it. Wipe it across the circuitry on your keyboard (the gold circles) in circular strokesDo this gently and do not include the area where the trackball is located.

After wiping it, give it about 5 minutes to dry before putting it all together again.

4. As you put on the battery, a red led light will flash. When you see the screen go white, and the loading animation appears, pull the battery and wait for a couple of minutes before putting the battery back again.

5. Let the system load itself and check your keyboard
    01-01-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD