Curve keeps shutting off in the middle of calls...not all calls, but most. It's not the call dropping. The phone completely shuts off and the red LED blinks until it reboots and comes back on...like I just did a battery pull. Do I need to send it in to be repaired?
    09-15-08 02:02 PM
    Don't hit the button with the red phone on it while you're in the middle of a call.
    09-15-08 02:04 PM
    I had that problem for awhile. I had posted on here and was told it was a hardware issue. I had dropped my phone from about 2 feet up hitting the concrete. I managed to fix the issue by dropping facing the opposite way it fell originally. I dont recommend that but it seemed to work for me. I havent had any problems with the phone shutting off sense. Did u drop you berry?
    09-15-08 02:30 PM
    Nope, never dropped the berry...and to the previous poster...I'm not hanging up the call....not that stupid and i mostly use the speakerphone and i'm no where near the "button with the red phone on it"...but thanks...
    09-15-08 02:40 PM
    My phone does the EXACT same thing, usually on calls that are about 20-25 minutes long. I went back to where I got it and the guy told me to do a battery pull everytime it happens, but it doesn't seem to help. I am going to probably send it in, but I now do a battery pull everyday, no matter what, and that seems to help.
    09-15-08 02:47 PM
    So u do a battery pull at the beginning of the day or something?
    09-15-08 02:50 PM
    I suspect sunkast is on the right track.

Dropping calls and a spinning hour glass is a common symptom of low memory. Pulling the battery forces a cleanup, leaving you with enough memory for a while.

The problem is common to all new BlackBerrys. They are shipped with sample videos, music and images. Removing them frees up a healthy chunk of memory.

As sunkast suggested, Options / Status will show your current file free memory. If this number is lower then the Device reserved memory setting (15 Mb default), that is likely source of the problem.

Fortunately the problem is simple to correct, we have all done it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-15-08 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD