I just bought a Curve after being with the Treo 650. I've had it for about a month now and on average it reboots on me with no warning, for no apparent reason once a day or two days. Anyone have this problem? Solutions? Help!!
    09-09-07 07:13 PM
    If you firgure it out let me know because the same thing is happening to me !!!!
    09-09-07 07:23 PM
    Normally a memory low issue. Change your email settings to keep email for 15 days rather than forever...

Also, check the present amount of memory available (options / status)...
    09-09-07 07:26 PM
    I also have this problem, in fact as I read this on my BB Curve it shut down, I also have a problem with it freezing up while on the net... HELP if you can
    09-10-07 01:26 AM
    Well, the Curve was known to have memory issues, initially. I'd change the email settings to 15 days, rather than forever, and try to keep at least 10mb plus free on the devices memory...
    09-10-07 03:23 AM
    I've also experienced a random shut down. I was listening to mp3's, had been for about and hour, and it just shut off. Battery was nearly full, 20mb free memory, 30 day save on email. Had to do a battery pull to get it to restart.
    09-16-07 07:52 PM
    yeah this also keeps happening to me when i try to use the camera. the first couple times before the camera actually stopped working, the image on the screen was hardly visible, everything had a red hint to it. it did that like three times and then every time since then my phoe just freezes when i try to use the camera function.
    11-01-07 02:21 PM
    this is the one thing that is turning me off about this phone. i have followed many instructions on freeing up memory, and have plenty of it left, but when i am on the phone, the sceen just goes white.

its very frustrating and i have spent too much time on the phone with tmo to fix the problem. I wish there was more about this problem on this site.
    11-04-07 06:58 PM
    Has anyone tried updating the OS?
    11-04-07 07:28 PM
    or getting expandable memory? never had this problem and i was at low memory before i got expandable.
    11-04-07 11:33 PM
    This has only happened to me once, I figured I did something wrong... but now I'll try delete some stuff or move to memory card, good tips!
    11-05-07 12:21 AM
    Any tips on what to delete? I've done the blackberry sample video so far...
    11-05-07 12:25 AM
    Mine has just rescently been doing it. It just did it a min ago while trying to watch a youtube video so I thought I would come on here and see what the deal is!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 09:03 PM
    I had this problem too. Turns out it was something with my memory card. I took it out and it stopped completely.

04-12-08 09:04 PM
    Just picked up a 8320.... same problems. So naturally looked on here to find the answers. I'm sending it back and I've gone back to my 'reliable' 8707v..... was starting to love the new blackberry...... but no............ problems. Shuts down, reboots, totally not good. I'm blackberry angry.
    07-09-08 05:41 AM
    I thought it was just because I bought a refurbished phone, but after reading all this info in different threads, I see that it is not. I love this phone, and everything is as good as new, I can't even believe anyone else used to own it.

I wonder what I should do ... or if I can do anything. It's not so bad when it does it during random things... but it's happened 5 times on calls. That's when it's very irritating.

I've only had it for about 2 weeks.

If anyone has any suggestions other than the ones mentioned already, let us all know. I have plenty of memory, I have the 15 days setting (which doesn't matter because I 'delete prior' every day or 2). I only have 4 add'l ringtones, and 3 photos on the phone. I only have about 20 contacts. So I am positive it is not a memory issue.

I also want to know how I can stop getting a copy of every sent email on my phone when I send from my computer. ... But I will find an appropriate thread for that if I can't find the answer here. This is my 1st visit to this site, and I thank you all for having it!
    07-20-08 11:50 AM
    i am having this problem with my 8320 .. i just tried to update to OS 4.5.0.81 and the problem persists .. low memory again is definitly not a problem .. has anyone yet found a fix for this ??
    09-29-08 05:42 PM
    I have this same problem. Sometimes it makes me think that my battery is loose and so it resets when it looses contact. But then to test this reason I slap the phone (gently of course) against the palm of my hand to see if it will restart and it doesn't! I don't understand why it's doing this. I am going to change out my memory card. It currently has a 1gb card that I got with the phone, but I have a 4gb from my last phone that I am going to try out. As far as the memory issue, I am not sure how I check how much memory I have left in the phone. Can any of you guys help on this? And lastly with the retaining of the email for smaller amounts of time. If I choose 15 days will it delete the email on my desktop as well? I have the enterprise server for my job and sometimes I need my emails for longer than 15 days, so I don't want my phone to automatically delete them after this time and it do so from my laptop as well. Any help on these questions will be greatly appreciated!
    10-16-08 09:28 PM
    Well I think I figured out my problem. It seems that the battery was fairly loose and anytime the phone was shaken enough it would lose contact and reset. I am fortunate to work at radioshack and tested a new curve when they came in to my store. Sure enough my battery would fly out of place when shaken and the other would not. I switched out my phone and have had it for almost 24 hours now with out any random shut down. Huge possibility you guys are having the same problem. I would have yours switched out. I will keep a close eye on mines all this week to see if I get the same problem but I am really hoping that I don't. I was really frustrated because I was starting to add themes, I upgraded the OS, plus im on an enterprise server so switching my phone meant starting all over again! Not a good thing at all.
    10-19-08 06:10 PM
    i jammed a toothpick in between the batt. and phone to get it tight against the contacts
    10-19-08 06:25 PM
    it was definitely the battery! Calls over 10 minutes would cause static and the phone to shut down, requiring a battery pull and reboot. Now with the new battery, no issues!!
    10-31-08 05:18 PM
    I have been having a problem with my 8330 Curve also. It use to randomly shut down and reboot on it's own. Now when I go to use the camera it like freezes up on a dark screen, no keys will work. I have to do a battery pull and restart. I am unable to use the camera at all. I have plenty of space on the camera plus a 4 gb sd card. I thought someone mentioned this sooner, did you find the problem? Thanks T
    11-10-08 12:13 AM
    Two things will cause phone re boot: software (v 4.5.0.81 is known for that) and faulty battery (especially used and refurbished phones will likely have those). OS 4.5.0.93 is probably the most stable version.

11-10-08 07:04 AM
    Although similar issues, my 8310, kept randomly shutting down just on one day. I didn't do anything differently either. But it would shut down, and not turn back on unless you did a battery pull. After happening randomly a few times that day, the day after-everything was fine. I was going to restore-but no need. Makes you go hmmm.

11-10-08 07:10 AM
    Could also just be a bad battery... Mine only works on the charger, soon as i get on the phone, not even 10 mins later, static, then shut down. I'm going to try and get a new battery Friday, but untill then, my Curve is useless with out the car charger or wall charger..

Might even just try to go after the Bold this weekend if all else fails...

I heard Tmobile Germany has a black trackball on their curve, nice!

e2'unes
    11-11-08 12:09 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD