My Curve keeps freezing after I install a Sandisk 4gb microSD card....sometimes my PC will recognize it as external storage but then the BB will freeze and I have to take the battery out....Help pls.
    07-28-08 11:41 AM
    Little more information please. What OS are you running? It is always best to either NOT format the card, or format it in the device. Formatting on the PC always causes issues. Did you format FAT16 or FAT32 or NTFS? anything else, put it back in and format to FAT32 and see if that works.
    07-28-08 11:43 AM
    How do i know what OS I am running?

I formatted on another BB - not my curve, but anotherBB...
    07-28-08 11:54 AM
    did you make sure encryption was turned OFF on the media card? And to find the OS go to options > about and type the third line here please.
    07-28-08 11:59 AM
    Got it, thanks...

v4.2 OS

Also, encryption was OFF>

Now, every time I insert my memory card, and start the phone again (since the memory is under the battery), it hangs at start-up and never gets past the AT&T logo screen....I hav eto take out the memory to get it to even boot up now.
    07-28-08 12:04 PM
    Try to update your OS. The 8310's latest OS is 4.5.0.55. It hasnt been released by ATT, but it doesnt matter which carrier released it. Check around here by searching for it/checking the stickies at the top of the 8310 forum.
    07-28-08 12:06 PM
    Did it ever work?

Do me a favor, can you check the pins on the bottom of the SD card and tell me if it looks bent, scratched, chipped or anything of that sort.

It seems that your SD card is corrupted or damaged. Have you tried clearing everything on it, running anti virus software and then placing it in your BB?
    07-28-08 12:08 PM
    I bet there's some HUGE pictures on the card, isn't there, OP?

Having very large pics on the media will freeze the device when loading because it's trying to cache those thumbnails when starting up.

OS 4.5 will not fix this, in fact it exacerbates the problem.
    07-28-08 12:53 PM
    I agree with Morenina. Try taking out the card and reformatting it on a PC using a card reader. Make sure the Blackberry is fine and running. Then, insert the blank SD card into your device and restart. It should automatically format it for blackberry use. (If you plug it into your PC, the card should be detected and when you open it, the blackberry folder created.)

Worst case scenario is to wipe your handheld clean, restore an old backup, and then reinsert the SD card. Hope this helps.
    07-28-08 01:47 PM
    thanks, all. I will try your suggestions. Thanks for all the help.
    07-28-08 02:25 PM
    If you picked it up from eBay, you may have received an imitation Sandisk card.
    07-28-08 02:27 PM
    Hello all;

Longtime watcher, first time poster.

I've been having this problem as well, I kinda figured out the caching of the pictures would be a problem, so I erased all the pictures that were over 500KB and it sill gives me problems. It seems to freeze at any given moment if I load more than 20 pictures or so. Does anyone know if there is there any cure for this, or am I doomed to wait for an update that will rectify the problem ?

BTW, I already tried everything that has been already suggested, my BB is a Curve (first generation 8300), updated to the latest OS, SD card is clean, the whole 9 yards.
    04-14-10 04:59 PM
    I have an 8310 and I've put a 16gb Skandisk Micro SD card in it. I've got movies of 700mb and a stack (200+) of photos of 3mb upwards, plus loads of music; I just slotted the card in from brand new and loaded up. It's been in and out of the phone a few times and never a problem.

I mention this as above people are suggesting it is the size of files on the card causing a problem, if so how? I'm asking genuinley not hypothetically.

Just based on my experience so far, if it happened to me on a different Curve 8310 I'd suspect the SD Card at this point.

Has the OP tried loading some larger files from the 4gb card onto the 1gb card that came with the phone and seeing how that turns out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dodger_moore; 04-14-10 at 10:40 PM.
    04-14-10 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD