Hey everyone,

I want to change the housing on my 8330. I wanted to mix and match colors, probably getting a custom battery door from coveroo with a design that I create.

I guess all I really want to change is the faceplate, key paid, and trackball, aside from the back cover. I'm going to leave the side railings and bottom the way they are.

I was wondering if there was any place I can order the faceplate from that is NOT in Hong Kong. I just feel more comfortable buying stuff from the States. Plus I don't want to wait that long for shipping.

If I had to buy it from Hong Kong, how long generally does shipping take if any one knows? And how's the quality?

Thanks.
    04-17-09 03:24 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bec...ousings-68039/

Check ebay as well. There are allot of US vendors.
    04-17-09 03:27 PM
    There are many I believe, links coming up but here is a starter...

"Galactic" Black Metallic 8330 Housing - Blackberry�„�

www.beckymae.com

Colorware - Smart Phones

That should do you for a start
    Last edited by Snazy; 04-17-09 at 03:30 PM.
    04-17-09 03:28 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bec...ousings-68039/

Check ebay as well. There are allot of US vendors.
    Great thanks, I'll check out both.

... As a side note, is it impossible to paint it myself. I would assume it's like painting an expensive model car lol. I'm just curious.
    Last edited by HeroBerry; 04-17-09 at 03:32 PM.
    04-17-09 03:28 PM
    If you want to try that out, maybe see if you can find a dead BB on Ebay, trial and error, you might find you are genius at it.

But in fairness, sixty bucks or a whole load of messing about to save a few dollars, I know what I would do
    04-17-09 03:36 PM
    If you want to try that out, maybe see if you can find a dead BB on Ebay, trial and error, you might find you are genius at it.

But in fairness, sixty bucks or a whole load of messing about to save a few dollars, I know what I would do
    Oh I totally would rather pay the sixty bucks than make a mess of things. It's not the money that's the issue, more or less that I want to try and be crafty. I paint anyway so I was curious to see how I would do at this.

The Curve is my back up phone anyway, even though I still do not want to mess it up. I'll check out my options and see. I haven't really decided on a color scheme yet but I'm working with a few ideas.
    04-17-09 03:42 PM
    lol I know what you mean dude
    Knowing people in the paint game I can see myself having a Rage 6 color flip soon. Just need that doner housing to get started with.
    As long as you dont ruin it, you always have a spare to rotate with.
    04-17-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD