Newbie here.

I have service w/ T-Mobile and am on my third different Curve due to the problem below.

My phone goes silent for a minute or so and then comes back on. It is so irritating. All there Curves I have bought have all been unlocked by store that I have have bought them at. I sent the first 2 back and then bought the 8800 from TM and worked fine.

I like the Curve so much, I went and bought from a third store and still getting the silent calls on both ends. The calls do not drop, but they might as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue???

+Thks!
    08-06-07 05:32 PM
    Goes silent like the mute button is being used?
    08-06-07 07:47 PM
    No it just goes silent w/ static, sometimes even 2-3 times in a single call. Cell towers are fine in my area as well.

This has happened w/ all 3 different Curves. Could this be a software issue from my Outlook??
    08-06-07 09:19 PM
    I don't see how it could be a software issue from Outlook, but I also have no idea of what the problem is. I have never heard of it before, and I am having no suck issues with mine. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    08-07-07 12:13 AM
    What has T-Mo support said? There might be some network settings that might prevent that. Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of the OS?

If it is happening with 3 different devices, and changing the OS or settings doesn't help, I'd hazard a guess that there is something wrong with your environment. Does it happen in a particular area? Do you have any other wireless devices nearby? Large power sources? The fact that you say the 8800 worked fine makes this less likely, but I'm not sure where else to go.
    08-07-07 05:52 AM
    Let me chime in, you're not using a Bluetooth device of some sort, are you?

Also, on your next call, use the speaker phone, and see if it does the same thing...

Lastly, verify where it happens, i.e. at work, at home, etc, etc...
    08-07-07 07:03 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input.

T-Mobile put me through to RIM dept. RIM had me do a ALT and LGLG to see if they could pinpoint the problem.

I am in Dallas and it is nothing but Concrete here. I have not tried the speaker to see if it happens. Like I mentioned before, when I have purchased actual BB phone from T-Mobile I had never had these problems.

This is driving me crazy. I will keep you all posted w/ RIM advise. At this point, I think they are stumped. The keep passing me to higher level each time. I am at level 3 dept now.

+Thks!
    08-07-07 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD