I know this is a prevalent issue, many other curves are having problems staying charged and stuff like that. This problem is a little different than I have seen with the other threads. I will plug the blackberry in and it will charge, according to the battery sign on the screen. However, when I go to use the phone to do anything, after about 15 minutes of use it will up and take a crap. The battery signal will go from 100% to 10% in no time flat. I changed the battery with a brand new one from the store, problem is still there. Is anyone else having this issue? If anyone knows of a fix, besides selling and getting a new on, please let me know. THANKS
    06-27-09 11:38 AM
    Oh, wow. That's the worst I've heard. Good luck. <3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 11:47 AM
    I was gonna tell u to close some of ur apps if they are running but it sounds like u might have a bad battery. Try buying a new one a see what happens. I'm willing to bet u anything that its a damaged battery.
    06-27-09 01:49 PM
    I was gonna tell u to close some of ur apps if they are running but it sounds like u might have a bad battery. Try buying a new one a see what happens. I'm willing to bet u anything that its a damaged battery.
    That's the thing, I have already checked it with a brand new battery from the store, it does the same thing. It's still having issues, is there anyway to select programs that are running and to exit them... kinda like task manager?
    06-27-09 02:55 PM
    Since you bought a new battery and it is still having the same problem, I would try a different charger. Either use the usb cable that come with your phone or try a car charger. (even a motorola razr charger will work) and see if that resolves your issue. If not, the problem is internal and I dont have a solution for that, if you have already ensured that you dont have a ton a apps running in the background.
    06-27-09 03:19 PM
    ...if you have already ensured that you dont have a ton a apps running in the background.
    That is the issue, I can try a different charger (don't think that's the issue, but I can try) but I would like to know if there is something similar to Window's Task Manager that I can use to view the processes running on the Blackberry?
    06-27-09 03:32 PM
    go to applications screen, hit the BB button again, select "Switch applications" and it'll bring up a list left to right of the apps running. Five should always be there..Messenger, Browser, Home, Call Log and Messages. Anything else is extra.
    06-27-09 03:41 PM
    I have tried a new battery and now a new phone...same results. I've used it for a year with no problems. Can't seem to resolve this issue. New Charger, new battery. I've checked, there's nothing running in the background. 6 hours max battery life in a brand new phone. Could it have something to do with App world updates? I don't use BB Messenger, could that be the problem some how? Please help. Running out of ideas, the only variable is an app that I can tell.
    Last edited by score2000_99; 04-26-11 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-26-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD