The 83XX is dead in the water hence the 8900 javelin or 'curve 2'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So Einststein where did you get this information? Or is it because you have the 8900? Funny thing is every carrier has the 8330 and it is still the best seller BB has had.
    04-29-09 08:33 AM
    The Curve is not going anywhere any time soon. Big companies will still buy in bulk for the BES cooperate people. It's a solid device with very little user problems. Ya new devices will come and go. There still are companies that use the 8703 and have not switch with the times of upgrading...... I would give the curve 4-5 years then we will see if it will still be the all in all device. With the 9630 coming ya popularity will make it win over the current curve, but not drop it's market... Price yes but demand no
    04-29-09 08:36 AM
    I think it's already been discussed in many threads the general consensus, even vague statements from RIM themselves is that the 83xx series will continue to be supported on in to OS 5. 5.0 is supposed to be the unification of all modern BB's into one OS group. 4.5 was basically a rush-job to get all the 4.3-based devices supporting MMS and other features and certain iterations of 4.5 aren't the most ... stable pieces of software. 4.6 was of course the start of the "New Generation" Berries and actually runs on one particular 83xx Curve, the 8350i iDEN Nextel Curve. 4.7 was a revision to support touchscreen for the Storm, but apparently due to the Tour's hardware being mostly the same, it too will carry 4.7. So, to unify all these new Berries back into a single OS, RIM is counting on 5.0, I just hope they get any nasty bugs ironed out and get it to us soon! Eventually, the 83xx hardware will probably be replaced, likely by the 89xx series or maybe the 90xx/96xx series, who knows... but not until they have the market support for that particular series... keep in mind, the 83xx series has the most individual models in it of ANY of the modern BB series in production, 3 GSM models, 2 CDMA models, and an iDEN model.
    04-29-09 08:59 AM
    i think the curve will live beyond its expectancy i will keep mine until i cant do anymore with it
    04-29-09 09:22 AM
    The 83XX gets no more OS updates after 5.0.0
    05-01-09 10:21 PM
    5.0 is going to be across the board for every Rim product.
    05-01-09 10:51 PM
    you made a great choice picking the curve. I wouldn't worry about anything I love mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 11:00 PM
    The 83XX gets no more OS updates after 5.0.0
    I bet a round of beer and wings that you are wrong.

The curve is what, maybe 2 years old ? Minimum 2 more years of support.
    05-01-09 11:11 PM
    Dont worry the curve will never die.
    05-01-09 11:28 PM
    Hello everyone! The Curve 8320 is my first Blackberry. I got it from my cousin. I really like it. I was actually surprised of how much I like this Curve. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Curve 8900 in a few months. For those that have the 8900, is it worth it?
    05-27-09 04:19 PM
    I got mine last December and I still love it. Just upgraded to 4.5.0.81 from Rogers and now I have video capture. Tried it out today and just love it.
    05-27-09 05:39 PM
    One can spend his/her entire life worrying about new and upcoming technology. In that field, new is a fleating moment. Or you can just enjoy your phone and the amazing things it can do. What you are asking really has more to do with your personality type than with the Curve. No one here can authoritatively address the former. But we can definitely say that technology will continue to roll on. In the words of Bobby McPherran: "Don't worry, be happy."
    05-27-09 06:40 PM
    Sadly everything must pass on... someday we will have a small phone stuck up our..... sorry the curve is the hottest phone this year so I cannot see bb not providing upgrades and continue selling it.
    05-28-09 08:06 AM
    It's not a big deal, the phone is amazing as it is now.
    05-28-09 11:34 AM
    Just got mine last week and love it. Two years of support as someone mentioned earlier works for me because then it will be time to upgrade anyway
    05-28-09 11:48 AM
    I was going to get a storm, until I read about all the problems. And I think the whole clickie screen is weird. Then I thought I'd wait for the Niagara. Now I find out it is a "World Phone". Don't need that. So, my daughter recently got a Curve and it is a cool device. I read something about ---somewhere---that it was not EVDO Rev. A, meaning it was not as fast as the new phones.

Is this true?

If so, why don't they come out with a Rev A Curve?
    05-28-09 03:43 PM
    I don't the Curve will "die" anytime soon. Most of the students at my college that use BB's have the Curve as their phone of choice. From what I've read RIM designed the Curve 83xx to reach to the casual consumer and they have been successful at it, so they'll probably keep it around for 1-2 more years.

Actually I'm still deciding whether to get a 8320 or a 8900 .
    05-28-09 11:28 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD