My g/f and I are looking to get a curve hopefully today. We were thinking of going with T-Mo. What we'd like is an unlimited Data plan, and what we liked about t-mo was the faves, so we could talk to each other unlimited, because thats where most of our minutes come from.

-We want a good browser, because I go on ebay alot.
    -Is there a program or anything where we can get an AIM like feature so we can text, or do you have to use text messages?

It's pretty much going to be used for the internet, like I said I check ebay alot, and sports. Is the web browser better on one curve than the other? or should we wait it out, and get one of the new blackberrys or should this be good enough

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    10-18-08 07:57 AM
    I have the 8320 curve with unlimited plan on Tmo. I love it. FOr browser I use opera mini. Aim, Yahoo, ICQ, Windows live messenger all work on it. The wifi capabilities are worth it. Plus if you update your OS to 4.5 you can record video and get html email too.
    10-18-08 08:49 AM
    My g/f and I are looking to get a curve hopefully today. We were thinking of going with T-Mo. What we'd like is an unlimited Data plan, and what we liked about t-mo was the faves, so we could talk to each other unlimited, because thats where most of our minutes come from.

-Is there a program or anything where we can get an AIM like feature so we can text, or do you have to use text messages?

It's pretty much going to be used for the internet, like I said I check ebay alot, and sports. Is the web browser better on one curve than the other? or should we wait it out, and get one of the new blackberry's or should this be good enough

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    go with the carrier that has the best coverage In your area if its t-mobile find if not go with some one else i noticed that you said that you had t-mobile the CDMA curves have 96 MB memory and i think that the GSM have 64 MB memory and in my area the CDMA carriers have better coverage.the web browser should be the same in all the curves.
    10-18-08 09:03 AM
    Jerry is right. Go with whoever has the best coverage. Tmo is probably the cheapest one, but it wont matter it you have no coverage. Also cmda do have 96MB and gsm have 64MB. I dont think it really matters too much if your using an sd card though...does it Jerry?
    10-18-08 09:14 AM

Are you both getting Blackberry? If so, then:

Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com

Awesome feature which uses data and not text! You can also get AIM or Yahoo on your phone.

As for eBay:

The native BB browser handles mobile eBay fine: eBay mobile

Opera Mini http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?cert=...ion=hifi&rel=4 is great for the full eBay site!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-18-08 at 09:35 AM.
    10-18-08 09:29 AM
    Jerry is right. Go with whoever has the best coverage. Tmo is probably the cheapest one, but it wont matter it you have no coverage. Also cmda do have 96MB and gsm have 64MB. I dont think it really matters too much if your using an sd card though...does it Jerry?
    It does matter as Apps cannot be saved to the memory card. If you look around the forums you will notice that very few VZW Curve 8330 owners complain about not having enough memory/call logs being deleted.

However, i agree that you should go with the carrier that suits you in terms of coverage and cost!
    10-18-08 09:37 AM
    I have an 8320 with T-Mobile. Coverage in South Florida is very good. I have family in Orange Cty NY and coverage is poor. I visit 2-3 times a year. I can live with it. I have MyFaves 300, unlimited data, 400 text and HotSpot@Home that let's me make calls via my WiFi. I've used as much as 1500 minuets at NO additional cost. Tech support has been great and is there 24/7, not sure about BB teach with other providers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 09:37 AM
    I agree with all these guys. i bought a curve 8320 for me and a pearl for my wife and we couldnt be happier. i came from Cricket and she didnt have a cell phone. she had at&t and cingular in the past and she absolutly loves her pearl. she qwants my curve because is has a bigger screen and there is one letter per key as opposed to two letters per one key on the pearl. i linked both of our phones to our individual email accounts so when we get emails they are shot straight to our phones. I ABSOLTELY LOVE MY CURVE AND HOW I HAVE IT SETUP WITH EMAIL. you will niot go wrong with T mobile. sounds like you are in the same situation i am. TMO BABY
    10-18-08 09:50 AM
    It does matter as Apps cannot be saved to the memory card. If you look around the forums you will notice that very few VZW Curve 8330 owners complain about not having enough memory/call logs being deleted.

However, i agree that you should go with the carrier that suits you in terms of coverage and cost!
    This is very true Chrisy...got me there..lol. Although I dont have any problems, then again I dont think of my curve as a mini PC either.
    10-18-08 09:52 AM
    This is very true Chrisy...got me there..lol. Although I dont have any problems, then again I dont think of my curve as a mini PC either.
    oh i agree. i wasn't dissing (do people still say that) other Curves! there are plenty of threads on how to get more memory (http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/) so i think he'd be all set!

you're right about using it as a mini pc too! i don't have a computer so i actually do use mine as one!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-18-08 at 09:58 AM.
    10-18-08 09:56 AM
    it matters if you put a lot of apps on it you can not save them to the memory card they will use the phones memory so if you have a lot of apps and a lot of emails then you could run in to a memory issue.
    10-18-08 10:01 AM
    Lol Chrisy, no offense taken. You just wanted to bust my chops....now my feelings are hurt. I've had alot of phones over the years and I honestly think this one does more multi-tasking better than the others. People just have to remember....its a pda...not a pc..so there will always be limitations to it. It depends on what you really use. What I dont use i remove. I use ALOT of email so the other apps dont get much action from me. THe memory threads are great. Lots of great stuff on here to help anyone with anything.
    Yes jerry I didnt think of it that way...CHrisy already put me in my spot..lol
    Last edited by rlp32; 10-18-08 at 10:04 AM.
    10-18-08 10:02 AM
    Lol Chrisy, no offense taken. You just wanted to bust my chops....now my feelings are hurt. I've had alot of phones over the years and I honestly think this one does more multi-tasking better than the others. People just have to remember....its a pda...not a pc..so there will always be limitations to it. It depends on what you really use. What I dont use i remove. I use ALOT of email so the other apps dont get much action from me. THe memory threads are great. Lots of great stuff on here to help anyone with anything.
    Yes jerry I didnt think of it that way...CHrisy already put me in my spot..lol
    what what did you say my berry is not a small computer that is blasphemy.
    10-18-08 10:10 AM
    I aint gonna lie. A while ago I had to wait a week for my internet to get setup...BB all the way! It just got a little annoying beacuse I'm used to a rather large comp setup.
    10-18-08 10:13 AM
    I aint gonna lie. A while ago I had to wait a week for my internet to get setup...BB all the way! It just got a little annoying beacuse I'm used to a rather large comp setup.
    ok i will for give you this time.
    10-18-08 10:15 AM
    Consider this thread JACKED!!! LOL. I,m bad. This is what I'm used to lookin at.
    10-18-08 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD