I just got an OEM holster. I know it has the "sleep sensor" built in. Does it matter if I holster my curve facing in or out? make a difference whether the sensor works on it or not?
    01-25-09 08:00 AM
    No, it shouldn't matter. My holster for my curve was a screen-in holster though.
    01-25-09 08:02 AM
    just take a peek at the screen from the corners to make sure its going off. I have the case-mate skin and when I face the phone with the screen out, it doesn't go off, but when I turn it in, it does. So try to peek through the spaces to check for sure that its making the right contact with the magnet
    01-25-09 08:05 AM
    I always lined it up by the groove spefically made to help protect the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 11:02 AM
    just take a peek at the screen from the corners to make sure its going off. I have the case-mate skin and when I face the phone with the screen out, it doesn't go off, but when I turn it in, it does. So try to peek through the spaces to check for sure that its making the right contact with the magnet
    Easier would be to quickly pull it out of the hoster and see if it was off and then comes on after being removed. This is how I first discovered the feature - I noticed it came on and wondered how it knew it was in the hoster and then researched and found out the whole magnet thing!
    01-25-09 01:00 PM
    I don't know if it matters which way it faces, but I have an OEM holster (on me right now) and I always put it face out. Give me a second and I'll see if it works face in.

01-25-09 01:24 PM
    OK, I just tried it, and it does work either way.

01-25-09 01:26 PM
    The little raised portion is the part where the front goes. that's where the magnet is, as someone said above the little raising is for the trackball.
    01-25-09 01:31 PM
    That may be, but the magnet puts it to sleep either way, face-in or face-out...

01-25-09 01:37 PM
    I have tried it both ways...either way it works for me!
    01-25-09 02:42 PM
    I always lined it up by the groove spefically made to help protect the trackball.

I just checked, and there's a groove on both sides of the holster...
    01-25-09 02:47 PM
    Keyboard in first seems to work best. Other than that, it is preference as to front or back against you.

01-25-09 03:38 PM
    Ahh, mine had a separate piece of u-shaped leather only on one side to make the channel.
    01-25-09 04:28 PM
    The front of the case has a channel inside of it specifically for the trackball. If the phone is in the other way, it is putting some pressure on the trackball.
    01-25-09 04:37 PM
    You can do it either way---i don't believe it makes a difference
    01-25-09 04:40 PM
    For me carrying a phone that relies on the screen for viewing it's always facing in while in my Seido holster.

BTW the Seido products are excellent!
    01-25-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD