so I was texting someone tonight, and my trackball stopped moving, and i put a little alcohol based hand sanitzer on it, to rub whatever dirt was on it, and my phone flipped out and started dialing random letters, and then stopped working all together.

so I let it sit, pulled the battery, now the screen comes on, the lights under the ball, send, end, and the keyboard, but nothing works. The weird thing is the trackball moves just fine, but theres like no signal to the screen. i can't press any buttons at all. nothing works

did i damage something? i just put a little LITTLE drop on the trackball and then rubbed it in, and it dried almost instantly.

am i SOL?
    06-26-09 02:16 AM
    Any changes yet, has your BB come back to life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 06:05 AM
    Some alcohol might have gotten to the circuits

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:31 AM
    Not sure what the alcohol would do, but your average rubbing alcohol - 30% water, could surely mess things up. Update?
    06-26-09 09:40 AM
    My update -

I Grabbed a dryer, and sat there for about 10 minutes, and it popped back on. The trackball only moves Down, left and right. not up. I tried everything I could, if i take the trackball out and turn it around, it'll go down, but not up lol.

I'm thinking of just tossing in my 50 bucks for a new one.
    06-26-09 02:37 PM
    Probably a good idea. Good luck to you...
    06-26-09 02:43 PM
    LoL. So i went to Asurion, and I filed my claim. and got "Your phone is not in stock, but we have a lovely shade of pink for you!".

So I called up Verizon, and they're sending me a new one. :P
    06-26-09 04:10 PM
    now thats hilarious. good luck with the new phone.
    06-26-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD