This is the second time this has happened in two weeks. I woke up and went to use my curve and ALL of my text messages every sent or received are gone. My emails on the other hand are untouched. I need to get some of these texts back, what can I do / why did this happen?
    12-13-09 10:07 PM
    It sounds like you are low on memory. When this happens the device will start erasing texts, emails, etc to compensate. Unless you have performed a backup you won't get them back. But you can check your memory by going to options>status. Normally anything around 10 MB and this starts to happen. It will help if you properly close apps by selecting menu>close rather than hitting END and leaving them running in the background. Also make sure if you are saving pics you use a media card rather than the device memory. Delete any apps you don't use on a regular basis. You can use the memory optimization link in my signature to help. Good luck...
    12-13-09 10:42 PM
    Yes my memory was at 0 so I guess that would seem to be reason for the problem. Now that i've freed up +20mb of space, I see you say there is no way to get back the messages that were deleted... but what about a way to get messages that were sent to me in the past 24 hrs (before clearing up space I had a friend sent me a text and I did not receive it....it seems that in the past 24hrs messages werent delivered and then deleted, but rather they were never received in the first place).
    12-14-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD