Can you change the camera setting so that when you take a picture it does not make that "click" noise? I have looked in camera setting and even under options and did not find any settings to change the sound. But I am hoping I just over looked something. Any help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cam...effects-26517/
    Last edited by Fizzle1979; 05-15-08 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Added link to another post about Camera Noise
    05-15-08 10:54 AM
    No. The noise is there to prevent people from taking "sneaky Pete" pics. Sorry to anyone one the forum named Pete.
    05-15-08 11:01 AM
    yeah that dang sound is annoying! i understand the intentions behind it, but there are some instances, etc in the library or somewhere quiet where that noise prevents you from taking appropriate pictures... i mean if an individual is unable to catch someone holding a phone up their skirt, it should be their problem
    05-15-08 11:04 AM
    i mean if an individual is unable to catch someone holding a phone up their skirt, it should be their problem
    Wrong! Whether the person knows it or not, and regardless of what should or should not be, It is a gross invasion of privacy, and in most jurisdictions a violation of the law.
    05-15-08 11:10 AM
    Yeah but still.. once they take the picture, it's done and over with. What is the girl gonna do, call the cops on him? He can just take off after..
    I think it's kind of pointless...
    Even in public places with a lot of people, if you hear a camera noise would you automatically think its someone take a picture up your skirt?
    I think it's more annoying than helpful
    05-15-08 11:15 AM
    You got to be kidding me? That's insane! What ever happened to just taking a pic of your friend doing something stupid without him/her knowing? Boo BB Curve Camera Click Sound!
    05-15-08 11:57 AM
    Yeah but still.. once they take the picture, it's done and over with. What is the girl gonna do, call the cops on him? He can just take off after..
    I think it's kind of pointless...
    Even in public places with a lot of people, if you hear a camera noise would you automatically think its someone take a picture up your skirt?
    I think it's more annoying than helpful
    NHansen - it sounds like you have the all the answers to the classic upskirt. Have a lot of practice?
    05-15-08 12:10 PM
    I don't like the noise either but for less devious reasons... My husband and kids sleep funky and light so I wanna take that silly pic but don't wanna wake them... Dang! But all other times I say woot woot noise... Let's people know when they are being photographed...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 12:32 PM
    excuse me, jrbarrett? No, I'm not a scumbag. Don't point a finger at me for that, I take offense to your accusation.
    "all the answers to the classic upskirt" What? Don't be a moron.. I'm pretty sure anyone knows how it's done.. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you.. uh... take a picture.. up a skirt. Sheesh.
    I'm just simply saying that it probably won't deter people from taking those kinds of pictures.
    I'm sick of all the limitations and stuff today just because some people do stupid things. It ruins stuff for the rest of us.

I really do think it's more annoying than helpful.
    Last edited by NHansen; 05-15-08 at 12:39 PM.
    05-15-08 12:35 PM
    I try so many times to get rid of that noise... Cant stand it... This is so silly but I do different things to sidetrack the shutter sound. I cough, sneeze, laugh, anything to avoid someone hearing that sound..
    05-15-08 12:51 PM
    People lets lighten up about this. The sound is there. Live with it. No need to start calling each other names or defending why the sound bothers us.
    05-15-08 12:52 PM
    And if all else fails, dial your voicemail before taking the pic. Leave it running and that will get rid of the sound. Kind of a pain, but and effective workaround.
    05-15-08 12:54 PM
    Wrong! Whether the person knows it or not, and regardless of what should or should not be, It is a gross invasion of privacy, and in most jurisdictions a violation of the law.

ok, "gross violation of the law" thats a stretch. I was referring to taking pictures of things in general, not necessarily "upskirt pictures", i was just mentioning that in general, if those are the types of pictures that rim is worried about, the noise is a bit annoying considering all the the legal pictures that people avoid taking due to the noise.

IN general, it is Not illegal to take pictures of people in public. if you see something in public, visible to the public, your allowed to take pictures of it. i was referring to the instances where your in a quiet place, where you might want to take a picture, but wont due to that noise. For example, during a class last semester a professor of mine was going off on a student, it would have been nice to grab a quick snap shot of the incident, would have been 100% legal, but chose not to because of the sound.
    05-15-08 01:15 PM
    They should make it so the sound only plays if your phone is in a horizontal position! Or anything past 45 degrees tilt.
    Hah, that would actually be just as effective
    05-15-08 01:27 PM
    excuse me, jrbarrett? No, I'm not a scumbag. Don't point a finger at me for that, I take offense to your accusation.
    "all the answers to the classic upskirt" What? Don't be a moron.. I'm pretty sure anyone knows how it's done.. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you.. uh... take a picture.. up a skirt. Sheesh.
    I'm just simply saying that it probably won't deter people from taking those kinds of pictures.
    I'm sick of all the limitations and stuff today just because some people do stupid things. It ruins stuff for the rest of us.

I really do think it's more annoying than helpful.
    NHansen I am sorry you took offense it was just a little humor. I apologize.
    05-15-08 02:34 PM
    It's all good. I just don't like to be falsely accused.
    Sorry for taking it so seriously :P
    05-15-08 02:43 PM
    ok, "gross violation of the law" thats a stretch.
    No it isn't. And for the record I wasn't responding to the innocent pictures people take but to a specific scenario mentioned by another member.

It's all good. I just don't like to be falsely accused.
    No one does. I was just trying to keep this convo from getting out of control
    05-15-08 03:11 PM
    if you look up other threads on this topic there is a program called peekabo which you can download free and it stops the noise. so far its worked for me and it has a cool pink homer simpson donut icon.
    08-11-08 01:07 PM
    No. The noise is there to prevent people from taking "sneaky Pete" pics. Sorry to anyone one the forum named Pete.

lmao!!!!

i was like, pete6 isn't gonna like this!!!
    08-11-08 01:13 PM
    Nope and it makes that noise for a good reason (figure it out!) BUT I did see a link somewhere on the forum for a little utility U can buy for about 4 bucks which will silence it. Search the forum a little to find it....
    08-11-08 01:30 PM
    The Silent Camera Click Noise app Peekaboo will not silence the 8X30 phones.
    10-07-09 09:05 PM
    Peekaboo works on the Bold quite well....so I've been told
    10-07-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD