12-23-12 03:41 AM
- did you ever solve this problem? sounds a bit like what's been happening to me.... :
Device Model: 8320 (Curve)
Carrier: Porta (Ecuador)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Incandescent Photo Setting Stuck!
I have the same problem, and it's been this way for months. When I select camera, the screen shows a blue-tinged view - and when I take the photo, the photo taken appears "black" (with a little X in a square in the top left corner). It seems like it is stuck on the "incandescent" setting - but if this is the case, the photo doesn't seem to "save" properly either.
I have changed all the Camera Options numerous times, and removed the battery multiple times as well. No luck so far. Any ideas? It's really driving me crazy! And I'm living out of the country, so T-Mobile repair is out of the question.03-05-08 07:54 AM
- Hello - I have this exact problem - is there a solution other than sending it back??
Please help - I love the camera function
When ever I go into my camera is doesn't work. It makes the screen black and doesn't go away when I exit the camera mode. I have a black square on the screen.
I have to do a battery pull to remove it.
anyone else have this problem or had this problem?03-19-08 07:30 PM
- I called tmobile's BB support and they told me to do a software upgrade. They emailed me a link of thier newest update. It turned out to be the same version the phone was already on. So it wasn't the software.
I called them back and they just send me a new phone. I don't think there is any fix for this. I tried some of the other things I saw online and none of them worked.03-19-08 11:41 PM
my curve just started doing this yesterday!!! has anyone figured out anything yet?!05-09-08 06:51 AM
- i'm having problems sending pics to any other phones but ATT. ie, Verizon, Nextel, etc. I have the camera set on the smallest picture size & when I go to MMS the pic to anyone other than ATT, i get the ck mark like it went through, but never did. ATT phones will even get largest size buy no one else!!! Help, i need this function05-09-08 07:47 AM
- i'm now having the same problem with a black screen whenever i open the camera. I've deleted old messages, old apps and anything else i can think of..anyone have a solution besides a return? If i back-up my current BB, when i receive the new one and re-install, will it install this problem? i hope not....
Last edited by dasmooth1; 08-05-08 at 06:28 PM.08-04-08 06:30 PM
- I just did a master reset because i've been having this problem and it didn't fix it. I think I will have to send mine in but I don't want to be without my precious BB! I think a year ago or something they sent me the new phone first and I could send the old one back to them after I received the replacement. So maybe that will be ok. I just have to downgrade my OS to the one that came with it so they don't blacklist me or something!08-25-08 12:48 PM
- My sister's blackberry curve 8310 had the same problem with the camera, it would just show up the "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." message and it would just hang there not letting me go back to the menu.
In my case the camera hardware was working fine, it just needed more pressure towards the motherboard so it would make more contact (figured this out after using two small screwdrivers to apply pressure around the lens of the camera, not in the lens of course or you will just break it).
I disassembled the blackberry completely. Then used some extra foam i had from previous housings, like the one that some blackberries have in their battery cover or the one that's around the camera, flash and speaker. I cut it into very small pieces and put it around the camera base in the motherboard and around the camera hole in the middle frame. Assembled everything and put some extra foam between the battery cover and the middle frame close around the camera so it would apply pressure on the lifted foam from the middle frame hole. After all that, it finally worked XD
This will void your warranty tho, so yep its easier to just make a backup with desktopmanager and get a new one using your warranty if you dont know how to do surgery on your blackberry xd
Last edited by gbsn; 04-14-09 at 03:34 AM.04-14-09 03:28 AMLike 1
- For those of you who have this issue, this is how I fixed mine.
Problem: When I would try to take a picture, the camera would hang up. Only a black screen would come up. When I exited the camera app, there is a large black block in the middle of the screen that will not go away until I rebooted the phone.
My problem was solved by opening the phone and getting to the camera, and moving and tweaking the camera in its' socket a bit. From all the times I've dropped the phone, I think the camera was knocked loose, or one of the contact pins became loose. In either case, wiggling the entire camera within its' socket fixed my problem.
I verified all was working before I put the phone back together. Still camera and video camera work like a champ now!!!
Last edited by hemibat; 01-21-10 at 12:07 PM.01-21-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD