I JUST got my BB Curve a little over a week ago and everything seemed to be working fine until tonight. Whenever I try to send a picture to my E-mail the screen stays lit and there is a little hour glass spinning for like 10 min straight without anything happening... It does this and then will finally exit out of it without any luck of sending. Earlier in the day it was working fine, but now it's acting like a piece of junk... Anybody know what's wrong? Should I try removing the battery? I'm about ready to trade this thing in for a Nokia smartphone :-/
    04-06-09 03:40 AM
    Try changing the picture size from large to small. For some reason, the 8310 wont send large pictures over MMS, only email. I think you can keep the quality setting on high. This should fix the problem. Let me know how it works out.
    04-06-09 03:43 AM
    Try changing the picture size from large to small. For some reason, the 8310 wont send large pictures over MMS, only email. I think you can keep the quality setting on high. This should fix the problem. Let me know how it works out.
    Good idea. For some reason they were sending earlier, but maybe it was automatically downsizing them or something. If this thing ever turns its self off then I will get back to you. Thanks!
    04-06-09 03:45 AM
    No worries my friend. Hit me up on BBM if you still have issues.
    04-06-09 03:47 AM
    Well the thing won't turn off, I can't access anything at all, and that darn hourglass is still spinning away... I don't think sending pics that are too big would cause this much of a meltdown How do I turn the thing off when it won't respond to ANYTHING I do?
    04-06-09 03:59 AM
    Try holding Alt+ del+ aA^
    04-06-09 04:02 AM
    Try holding Alt+ del+ aA^
    No luck it's stuck on the "Turning Handheld Off" thing with the evil hourglass.
    04-06-09 04:06 AM
    Weird... I guess the only thing to do would be to pull the battery.
    04-06-09 04:08 AM
    Weird... I guess the only thing to do would be to pull the battery.
    I got the cover off, but the battery seems like it's planted in there pretty good... Would anything break if I forced it off? Any special techniques?
    04-06-09 04:11 AM
    I wouldnt try to force it out with anything, watch this... and pay attentionat :50 to 1:03
    04-06-09 04:15 AM
    That was a great walk through! RIGHT as I was about to do it, the phone turned off and turned on just fine. Thanks again for your time and help!
    04-06-09 04:20 AM
    No problem!
    04-06-09 04:22 AM
    I got the cover off, but the battery seems like it's planted in there pretty good... Would anything break if I forced it off? Any special techniques?
    If you fine the battery is difficult to remove, take a look at QuickPull in the CB store. It's a free app that simulates a battery pull. You will find the need to do battery pulls from time to time as you use your BB, and this would be a good way to avoid fighting with your battery.
    04-06-09 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD