08-04-08 12:06 PM
- I am thinking about getting the Curve as I am still within the 30 days of a newly acquired Pearl (2 weeks). I really think the larger screen will help, ya know the eyes start to go as you get older! I really do like the Pearl, so I guess my question is for those who had a Pearl and then got a Curve...was is a good choice? Anyone regret it?08-03-08 03:26 PM
Same here! I thought I'd just keep the Pearl as a backup, but I've been switching between the both. Pearl & Curve are very good devices so you couldtn go wrong with either one.08-03-08 11:12 PM
- I switched from a pearl to the curve. I think it's much better! Once you have the FULL keyboard you won't know how you did without it. The full keyboard and larger screen is worth it. Downside, it's a bit larger to carry. I wasn't a fan of suretype on the pearl. I type faster without clicking on the words so I didn't miss that at all was glad to get rid of it LOL. Go for the Curve!08-03-08 11:29 PM
- I switched from the Pearl to a Curve and I like it a lot better. I like the larger screen. I got used to SureType and it was really fast, but there were times that I nearly lost my mind trying to type an odd word on SureType that it wouldn't accept. It would take me like ten minutes to type certain words so that they would be on my custom word list. It drove me crazy.
I love the full QWERTY keyboard on the Curve. I can type anything without any hassle.08-04-08 02:25 AM
- I upgraded too, I had always wished that I had gotten the curve from day one! It only took me about 7 months to upgrade.
What I like:
-much bigger screen
--also makes it easier for using pics for backgrounds
-speel check (hehe)
-much more advanced media and now playing.
-headphone jack for headphones
-louder speaker for music/ringtones
-many more keyboard shortcuts
-the BIGGEST advantage: WIFI!!!! (8320 only)
--better service via UMA
--free web browsing!
The only thing I miss:
-suretype, but only for certain situations, like typing one handed.
however, I am getting more used to the full and its much nicer for custom words!
My advice: GO FOR THE CURVE!!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-04-08 08:11 AM
- I got the Pearl when it first came out with TMo in October 2006. It was a great phone that I used until Feb 2008 when I got my Curve. The transition to the full size keyboard only took a few days, and now I type faster on that than I do in my laptop. The Curve is great, and I saved my Pearl for a backup.08-04-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD